Moderators List

carbonclay

Darren Meredith
Hi to all the Mods that make this site so awesome .
I can't seem to find a list of mods to contact if I need help or advise with the site . I currently need a password for the footy vault and can't seem to find the right channels to go to .
I thought it might be handy for any newcomers to know who to contact about such problems and also who they can contact if they have problems using the forum is there a possibility that there could be a mods contact list or if there is already one can you make it more available .
Thanks heaps carbonclay

Changes to Marathon Stadium !!

To all Marathon Stadium Members,

Marathon Stadium will be undergoing some changes to freshen the place up and begin a new era !!

Some of those changes have / are happening with more to come post season in preparation for 2015

The first change was a management restructure which you may of noticed already

The second change is a new look for the forum, This process has started and will continue post season

There are a few more things in the works but you will have to wait and see what they are !!

What I wanted to announce now is a change to some competitions

We have decided that Admins and Mods should be exempt from the following competitions

* Trivia competition

* vBookie competition

* Guessing Competition

However we will be eligible to compete in the MS Draft and Tipping competition

We are excluded from winning prizes in any competitions

Originally this was going to be from 2015 onwards but we have decided to bring that forward to now !!

We will continue to run the competitions as we have this year

Now for the second part, What happens to my vBookie money and Trivia points ??

Well after consulting the other mods and admins we have decided to divide our trivia points amongst the other competitors !!

The leaderboard has been updated to reflect those changes

As for my vBookie money ($1,400,000) that will be divided up amongst the members who answer our next 24 hour trivia question correctly

This Question will be posted tomorrow so keep an eye out !!

If there are any questions feel free to post them and we will do our best to answer them

Sincerest Regards,

Marathon Stadium Administrators and Moderators

Jamesgould, Jekk, Junior11, Josh2010 and rhugh89

Can the 20 pages of vbookie be moved from top of game thread after the game has started so u don't have to scroll through it every page just to get to what has actually been said. Very "painful" on phone, that's my only whinge apart from that good work lol

I somehow just managed to like and thank the post and [MENTION=1072]ASJ82[/MENTION] 's reply at the same time by mistake :lol:

Anyways, great work being done by the admins and mods doing a fantastic job :D

Few changes to the announcement guys !!

Basically after talking it over we decided that Admins/Mods should be able to compete in the MS Draft and the 2015 Tipping Comp

vBookie, Trivia and the Weekly guessing comp are still off limits though

Even though we can go in the Draft and Tipping comp we are not eligible to win the prizes

The 24 hour question is coming up soon too guys, Remember my $1,400,000 is up for grabs !!

Just wondering if locking the forum down to be viewable by members only has ever been discussed? I'm happy with it as is because I usually just read what's happening without feeling the need to post anything, so I don't need to log in. Was looking for a Rabbitohs forum last week to see if there were any updates on Sam Burgess to help with my supercoach team, and I'm pretty sure one of them was completely locked down.... or maybe I just couldn't figure out how to use it. What reasons might it be set up that way for?

Also, thanks to all the admins and moderators for all their work.

I think forums do that to force anyone who wants to read them to register. Personally I'm not really a fan of doing that, because whenever I see a forum like that, I don't bother registering and just go somewhere else!

There's arguments both ways though.

Yeah, in many cases I have read that people register up after they've been reading the forum unregistered for months & decided they wanted to have a say, it happened to me aswell. I get the exact reaction as you James, when I see a locked forum, I just leave.

Cheers for all of your work now and also over the years guys and gals!

Easily the best forum out there!

We do have a couple of sections not visible to people who aren't signed up like the Kingdom where we sometimes talk about our personal lives.

By the way, what ever happened to the Archive section? That could've helped me tonnes in the Trivia Competition. ;)

Yeah, in many cases I have read that people register up after they've been reading the forum unregistered for months & decided they wanted to have a say, it happened to me aswell. I get the exact reaction as you James, when I see a locked forum, I just leave.

Yeah that's how I usually join forums too, read for a little while, then finally leap in on a topic!

It happened to you back in Feb 2010 Josh, aww, a good day!

Cheers for all of your work now and also over the years guys and gals!

Easily the best forum out there!

Thanks from all of us, there's been loads who have helped over the years, some still here, some not.

We do have a couple of sections not visible to people who aren't signed up like the Kingdom where we sometimes talk about our personal lives.

I wish it was still as active as it used to be. :(

By the way, what ever happened to the Archive section? That could've helped me tonnes in the Trivia Competition. ;)

I took it down because I got behind and it and it was a bit out of date, but you should still be able to secretly access it here, current to the end of 2011, anyway: http://www.marathonstadium.com/forumdisplay.php?38-The-Newcastle-Knights-Archive

Back