Mitchell Pearce

Whats Young got to do with it he is a centre just incase you didn't know so why would we replace him with a back rower we have other centre's to replace him with if he isnt up to it ..
Are you happy with the way Crossland went is a 5/8 only supposed to be defensive in your opinion ..That was his first big chance to show his skills his first full game to grab it by the throat but he didn't .
If he had played a good overall game he may have kept Mann and Green out but after that showing he wont .
I was all for Crossland to get a game but after that showing imo he needs some time in reserves to get up to speed and hopefully that will happen ...

Oh, I'm aware Young is an outside back. I was referencing your comment to replace a 5/8th with a backrower but never mind.

Crossland wasn't asked to come in and "grab [the game] by the throat". Obi in his presser said that that was never the expectation. But hey; what would the coach know?

Interesting in today's presser that O'Brien is full of praise for Pearce and how he stuck with the gameplan with his kicks to "nullify the back 3".
I suppose that clears up who is behind the type of kicks we do - the coaching staff.

Interesting in today's presser that O'Brien is full of praise for Pearce and how he stuck with the gameplan with his kicks to "nullify the back 3".
I suppose that clears up who is behind the type of kicks we do - the coaching staff.
That's putting a lot of trust in a defensive line. Something the knights are ok but not great at. 1 off load and we go to water.

Oh, I'm aware Young is an outside back. I was referencing your comment to replace a 5/8th with a backrower but never mind.

Crossland wasn't asked to come in and "grab [the game] by the throat". Obi in his presser said that that was never the expectation. But hey; what would the coach know?
Expectation or not every young guy wants to show what he's got when he gets the chance and why wouldn't they it could make them for a long while .
All im saying is a 6 is an attacking weapon but Crossland didnt show that , i dont want to string the young guy up or anything.
I think he has talent and could be a good 6 or 7 but let him run reserve grade around for a while longer ...
He did nothing in attack and yes a backrower who's probably better in defence could have done the job he did Barnett maybe of course an attacking and defending 6 would be better . It doesn't matter anyway when Green gets back i reckon the 6 is his straight away.
I will admit with Young its nothing more than I want to see him play I just want to see if he can transfer the little but exciting bit i've seen of him to the NRL if he can", he will add a lot to this team.

Every single club uses the same kicks for the same reasons

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

I dont think every club uses that kick at the end of nearly every set. They mix it up, my issue is Pearce, or I guess the coaches, dont mix it up and take more of an attacking option, more often.

Anyway, ive had my say on this tactic whoever is causing it.

I hope that we are keeping things simple until we nail the execution, then will add more variety as time goes on and we get our better players back.
The conservative approach will beat the Dogs and Warriors of the comp, but not the big boys.
To be fair, we have had trouble nailing the execution of even the simple stuff.

I dont think every club uses that kick at the end of nearly every set. They mix it up, my issue is Pearce, or I guess the coaches, dont mix it up and take more of an attacking option, more often.

Anyway, ive had my say on this tactic whoever is causing it.

Every analyst raps Pearce’s kicking hard it must be a specific tactic to nullify the back 3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thinking about it its not a bad tactic to nullify the back three it gives our defenders time to get to the guy marking the ball so they dont get to run the ball at all so no chance of running around players and making meters up field .. How many times do we see guys catching the ball near there line with plenty of room and running up field for big meters , it happens a lot .
This is why OBrien is the coach and were not .

What Crossland really needs for now is to take charge of reserve grade and do a lot of playmaking.
In 2019 he was very much the junior playmaker because Lino was hellbent on taking every opportunity to impress, and wasn't giving an 18 year old too many chances.
10 games of reserve grade with Simi as his halves partner will give him a chance to run the show. Simi is very much a running 5/8 who plays what's in front of him, so he won't cramp Crossland's style.
Hopefully this will happen when our bench gets abit more depth

One visiting here would think we have lost both games rather than won them both, the first very well and the second in a tough battle with a pretty good team on the way up.

And I respect that view. We have had 2 good wins to start the season. But, we have gone through many a season hearing how it's the best pre season ever, we have had the new start recruit halfback a few times now and the team has been supposed to be on the up. We have started other seasons looking solid and sadly, we continue to thud back down to earth again with mediocrity staining our season. Inept, unacceptable and embarrassing performances, many against teams not in contention to even make the 8.

I don't mean to sound like I'm nay saying the squad or the club, I live and breathe the Knights. But, I've also lived and breathed this club from 88 and lived through the good times, and it hurts to see the club where it has been of recent times, and over a longer period in the past.

Am I excited that we may have turned a corner with our consistency, of course I am, but I've been excited the same in the past also. At the moment it's 2 wins against 1 team not expected to make the 8, and 1 win against a team we really are competing with for that bottom half of the top 8 position.

We have a nice start to the season until we hit the Panthers, Roosters and Raiders 3 weeks on the trot. 2 of them at home. We will see how we are travelling more at that stage. In the mean time I'll enjoy the ride, comment on where I feel things are not up to snuff and praise those who I think deserve it.

And I respect that view. We have had 2 good wins to start the season. But, we have gone through many a season hearing how it's the best pre season ever, we have had the new start recruit halfback a few times now and the team has been supposed to be on the up. We have started other seasons looking solid and sadly, we continue to thud back down to earth again with mediocrity staining our season. Inept, unacceptable and embarrassing performances, many against teams not in contention to even make the 8.

I don't mean to sound like I'm nay saying the squad or the club, I live and breathe the Knights. But, I've also lived and breathed this club from 88 and lived through the good times, and it hurts to see the club where it has been of recent times, and over a longer period in the past.

Am I excited that we may have turned a corner with our consistency, of course I am, but I've been excited the same in the past also. At the moment it's 2 wins against 1 team not expected to make the 8, and 1 win against a team we really are competing with for that bottom half of the top 8 position.

We have a nice start to the season until we hit the Panthers, Roosters and Raiders 3 weeks on the trot. 2 of them at home. We will see how we are travelling more at that stage. In the mean time I'll enjoy the ride, comment on where I feel things are not up to snuff and praise those who I think deserve it.
Spot on ! Noodle as I call him..AKA Mr negative is picking all the faults in Rnd 2 rather the positives, easily the best forward pack in the comp, All our star players are firing, ponga and green still to come into the side..hmm seems like we are doing ok.

Odd Sterlo quotes Milford as being the best kicker of that style. Results have hardly been lifting the Doncs to win after win and spot on Cappy.

Just on pearce's kicking game, it used to do my head in as he would do the same mid field bomb. But listening to AOBs presser it's clearly a tactic as he praised Pearce for sticking to the plan and not deviating from it.

Clearly it's being used to waste the oppositions first tackle and nullify the back three. I wonder if this will change when Green is back and we start to see some variation.

On a side note, hopefully we can thump the tigers because these are generally the games we crap the bed and lose.

Clearly it's being used to waste the oppositions first tackle and nullify the back three. I wonder if this will change when Green is back and we start to see some variation.

As it appears to be a coaching tactic why would green bring any variation? Surely he will put up those same midfield bombs.

Against the warriors, those mid field bombs were directly responsible for us over a number of set rotations getting pushed back on our own try line inviting the warriors to be ending their sets down our end and getting good attacking kicks in. The ref with his 6 agains didnt help either.

I think the good teams will love to be fielding kicks on the full from their 20 and 30m lines.

Anyway, its a tactic I guess we will continue to have to endure.

Back