Mitchell Pearce to captain the Knights in 2019

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Discussion' started by rhugh89, Jan 2, 2019.

1. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

You must be a lot of fun to be around.

2. josh2010

josh2010 Up The Knights!!!!! Staff Member Moderator

Beatell likes this.
  3. Matty23

Matty23 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Good read. No matter what people will find ways to criticise this bloke over nothing.

4. rhugh89

rhugh89 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus Staff Member Admin

Open letter to the fans from our captain

Newcastle Knights
    Wed 6 Mar 2019, 07:07 PM

An open letter to nib Newcastle Knights members and fans by Mitchell Pearce.

It’s almost a year to the day when I led the team onto McDonald Jones stadium for the first time. It’s funny, because it only feels like it was yesterday.

Thinking about the roar of the crowd is giving me goose bumps. I’ve never felt so proud.

To captain this team means so much to me.

Since the day I arrived in Newcastle, I was welcomed with open arms.

I’m often stopped in the street for a chat, a high-five or a simple thumbs up from a supporter driving by as I head to the shops.

This community gets behind the team.

You support your players and you have supported me. I can’t thank you enough.

It sounds cliché but I really do take pride in pulling on the red and blue jersey.

I love wearing the No.7. It’s the same jersey my idol Andrew Johns once wore.

I have the honour of leading this team out of the same tunnel my hero’s once ran out of. This is a club with a rich and proud history. None of that is lost on me.

I can speak for the team when I tell you that we will be doing everything we can to make you proud of us this season.

We will give it our all.

There’s a saying this team trains by and plays by. It’s ‘be the player everyone wants to play with’.

Not only do I want to be the player my teammates want to play with, but I want to be the captain they want to play for.

https://www.newcastleknights.com.au/news/2019/03/06/open-letter-to-the-fans-from-our-captain/

Captain and leadership group announced

Newcastle Knights
    Wed 6 Mar 2019, 07:00 PM

Mitchell Pearce will lead the nib Newcastle Knights in 2019.

The 29-year-old halfback was appointed captain at the Club’s season launch at NEX on Wednesday night.

Coach Nathan Brown said, when it came to appointing his skipper, the choice was simple.

“Mitch’s on field leadership last year was there for everyone to see,” Brown said.

“The way the team responded to his leadership on the field was great and he’s continuing to grow as a leader.”

To support Pearce, the Club has appointed a leadership group.

The five-man peer voted group is headed up by Pearce and features; Aidan Guerra, Tim Glasby, Jamie Buhrer and Shaun Kenny-Dowall.

Knights CEO Philip Gardner believes the experience of the leadership group and youthful exuberance of the Club’s emerging leaders will be vital to ensuring sustained success.

“We’ve got a great current leadership group, who have a great depth of experience,” Mr Gardner said.

“They have been appointed by their teammates because they have respect and ability, both on and off the field.

“We also have a great group of emerging, young leaders, who are the future of the Club.

“We are working very closely with them to ensure the next 10 years of the Newcastle Knights is a tremendous success.”

The 2019 emerging leaders are; David Klemmer, James Gavet, Lachlan Fitzgibbon, Sione Mata’utia, Mitch Barnett and Slade Griffin.

https://www.newcastleknights.com.au/news/2019/03/06/captain-and-leadership-group-announced/

5. R_A

R_A Adam Woolnough

SKD being a part of the leadership group is an interesting one. I am not surprised with the other ones however.

Am happy with the process that is set up and going forward.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
  6. R_A

R_A Adam Woolnough

Buzz wrote a bit of dribble about him today, but that's more just deflecting the news from Kenty's truth bomb yesterday on the Sharks deliberate cap cheating. He knows nothing about the Knights or the inner workings of them so don't take what he says seriously.

7. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    apart or a part?

8. R_A

R_A Adam Woolnough

Good catch

9. EASBay17

EASBay17 Justin Holbrook

buzzs comments on 360 last night in regards to pearce were harsh "his the oldest player in the NRL yet to grow up" what would that dribbling old alco no about newcastle and its players

10. Lefty

Lefty Grant Stuart

That is disappointing to hear, there have been no substantiated issues with Pearce since he has joined the Knights, just some hearsay.

11. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Sean Rudder

He raised the off field issue with Pearce, a fight on a bus he said.

Also, last night on 360 he started defending the nrl over its handling of the no fault stand down rule telling Kent that the NRL didn't have the time to enact it and for good reasons, then after an ad break he says CD the problem was the nrl took too long on enacting it.

I dont think the guy has too many marbles left.

12. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

That’s what alcoholism does to you.

13. Matty23

Matty23 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

He supports a team of cheats. Who gives a toss what that old flog cares about us.

Defender1, R_A and Lefty like this.
  14. R_A

R_A Adam Woolnough

Aside from the fact Buzz covers up the appalling behaviour of his colleagues, takes photos with girls in their lingerie and is friends with a controversial brothel owner and gets up to certain things with him.

But above all that he acts like a 5 year old on social media :lol:

So he's one of the last people who should tell others to grow up

I hope the Knights players take a leaf out of Issac Luke's book and just ignore and block him.

Still_Nutty likes this.
  15. Defender1

Defender1 Steve Simpson

He's born and bread in Newie lol.

16. R_A

R_A Adam Woolnough

That doesn't mean anything. Shame he doesn't know anything about the Knights.

Defender1 likes this.