Mitch Barnett to resign for another 3 years

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by Lefty, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Lefty

Lefty Trent Estatheo

Retired
    Barry Toohey has announced on Twitter that Barnett has agreed on terms to resign for another 3 years.

2. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

I'd prefer they hold off on re-signings till they see who thrives under the new regime and who doesn't.

3. Battler

Battler Ashley Gordon

Mitch Barnett is one of the few guys who seems to truly care about the club and he has a dig every week. He was probably happy to sign on reasonable (for us) terms as well.

I know some guys on here give him **** but he could well be a captain one day, he is clearly a leader amongst the forwards already. Pretty sure O'Brien would have signed off on it.

ben, Edogmilly and Defender1 like this.
  4. Treadly

Treadly Rod Shoesmith

Good. He's got the right mentality and gives his all every game. Not a game breaker but a backbone type player

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

5. Matty23

Matty23 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Happy with this. Was pretty hot and cold to start the season but really came into his own throughout the rest of the year. If he can fix his discipline a bit he’ll be a great players for us for years.

6. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Mark Hughes

No doubt O'Brien signed off on it, no signings will happen after he has taken over without his agreement.

He's a solid toiler. Won't have cost us too much.

7. Wobbles

Wobbles Leo Dynevor

Not a bad resigning, he's got a lot of improvement in him and I reckon Obi is the coach he needs to get that consistency.

This observation will raise some eyebrows, but he reminds me of an unpolished Boyd Cordner. Not necessarily in terms of ability, hopefully that'll come, but in how he seems to drag the team along with him.

That'll give him some confidence leading into the pre-season while should rub off onto the other guys.