Mid-Season Report Card

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Discussion' started by slotmachine, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Joel

Joel Touche...

Who do you reckon he would replace when Klemmer is back in?

2. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

Well when he was fit, Ese'ese was the unlucky one so I'd imagine it wouldn't have changed. Browny prefers Barnett & Sione despite being backrowers.

3. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

I think that's changed now. The thing about SOO is that it's such a big, prestigious game, everyone is on & playing at their fullest intensity. That's what the top NRL sides like Melbourne & Roosters are doing too when it matters. I think some of our footy has reached that level now like the Eels game for example.

4. Jaybro

Jaybro Lenny Beckett

I think our go forward will suffer with Guerra and Sione both in the bench, we really need Herm & Gavet

To clarify the original reason I said Guerra could be moved on (I think said it Round 3) is because he’s on a decent sum of cash (550K-600K) and all will be in his final year. That’s a lot of cash for a guy on the bench imo.

Also reading between the lines Barry Toohey said regarding signing TPJ ‘The club was hoping TPJ would sign another 1 year deal so Knights could have a proper crack at him once they have more room in the cap’

To me that sounds like Guerra’s money they were referring too, so it sounds like he’s not really in the plans going forward.

Centurion likes this.
  5. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Guerra is on 550k but u cant back end deals like a few years ago.

Front ending deals is what we have done to new players so our cap was very green for the big signings.
    Sione is going well but his nowhere near the standard of what Guerra provides.

Wobbles likes this.
  6. Jaybro

Jaybro Lenny Beckett

Not talking about Back ending his deal, just pointing out I don’t think he’s in the clubs plans going forward and considering the size of his deal with one year to go he’d be the type of player a club would look to move on if they were trying to free up cash

7. 88Knight4life

Seeing as he got a front loaded deal, id say his on maybe 4-450k for next year.
    I'd say Sione isnt much cheaper Nor Barnett.

8. Jaybro

Jaybro Lenny Beckett

Oh I see what you mean, if that’s the case then there probably wouldn’t be any use moving him on next year

9. knightime

knightime Charlie McAlister

Really can't tell what Brown will do selection-wise tbh. For mine, I'd place Guerra in Barnett's spot. That's not to say Barnett doesn't deserve to be there or has done anything wrong, but I think Guerra brings a bit of an edge with his ball playing.

88Knight4life likes this.
  10. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

Not a chance. Fitzy should go before Barnett. He’s been one of our best this season.

Battler and slotmachine like this.
  11. knightime

knightime Charlie McAlister

Yeah, I'd be happy with that too. I thought Barnett could make way only so that it keeps our left side intact but if Fitz was dropped, I don't think too many people could argue with it.

12. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Fitz is playing better football than he did most of last season.
    His gap running trick just doesn't work any more because teams are making sure there is always a defender on him.
    Fitz is doing a lot more work in both attack and defence and not going missing like he often did in the past, but he isn't getting those highlight reel moments to make him look good.

Wobbles, Owey and 88Knight4life like this.
  13. Owey

Owey Tony Kemp

100% agree

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

14. Ethan

Ethan Steve Simpson

Barnett is going well but id be keeping Fitzy if Guerra was back ...

15. Wobbles

Wobbles Brett Kimmorley

Nothing wrong with competition for spots, pretty incredible to think we're discussing whether Guerra fits into our top 17.

From an experience and leadership perspective it'd be a tough call to leave him out if he's fit

16. 88Knight4life

The odd man out is Sione really.
    Fitz and Barny are both better in a siad position and Guerra is better then all 3 and any position.
    So Guerra probably goes to the bench and can cover the whole forward pack from lock to prop and on either edge.

Battler likes this.
  17. Ethan

Ethan Steve Simpson

When we beat the Storm 26 - 16 and then the Bronco's 30 - 12 Guerra may not get a look in .