Mid-Season Report Card

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Discussion' started by slotmachine, Jun 10, 2019.

1. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Player ratings from Barry Toohey

9 Pearce
    8.5 Ponga
    8.5 Klemmer
    8 Dan
    8 SKD
    8 Lee
    7.5 Hunt
    7.5 Barnett
    7.5 Glasby
    7.5 Watson
    7.5 Levi
    7 Mann
    7 Sione
    7 Fitz
    6.5 Herman
    6.5 Gavet
    6 King
    5.5 Ramien
    4 Guerra

2. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Very hard on Ramien.
    We had high expectations of him and low expectations of Hunt, but I think they have delivered about the same - both deserve about 7.5. Hunt just gets a few more chances because, like most teams, our left side sees more ball.

Joshhh likes this.
  3. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    Ramien needs to lose 10kg's his muscle really seems to be affecting his mobility.

4. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

His exactly the same size as last year, has done nothing wrong bar catching a cold on the right side.

Cant believe Hunt is only on 140k
    Easily worth double that next year.

slotmachine and Lefty like this.
  5. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    Is he? Well there you go, looks meatier too me.

Yeah Hunt's been great.

6. Beaumont

Beaumont Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Muscle checking and manipulation of greyhounds.
    I agree with the assessment of Ramien. Can't believe his name was mentioned for Origin. Moments of brilliance in a game like the tackle on Friday night but atm Hunt is a long way in front. I'm not surprised his very ordinary missed tackles go through to the keeper. I know he's got "it" in him I just haven't seen it yet.

7. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Mark Hughes

Hopefully if Brown is moving towards a proper ball playing 5/8 the right side will get some more opportunities.

Jaybro likes this.
  8. Ethan

Ethan Ben Kennedy

I would be giving Mann some more time at 5/8 as he has been playing well there and if he keeps playing like he is we may not need to buy a 5/8 at all .

9. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Sean Rudder

Agreed, while Levi is out our next best option is Watson at 9 with Mann at 6 when Ponga is ok otherwise Lino at 6 and Mann at 1. Covers our goal kicking options your then left to decide Buhrer or Lino for 14. Let’s get Levi and/or Griff back on paddock, fit and well before making further changes and hope for no further injuries like Klem and Levi.

Ethan likes this.
  10. Tubby

Tubby Trent Hodkinson

Great to see Edrick and SKD rated so highly, theyve been two of our most consistent i reckon. Its funny to think that 6 months ago we were arguing about letting Ken Sio and Corey Denniss go :lol:

Wobbles likes this.
  11. 88Knight4life

Its funnier that before they signed most didnt want either of them :eek:

Jaybro likes this.
  12. josh2010

josh2010 Up The Knights!!!!! Staff Member Moderator

Hymel Hunt for 120k has to be the best value signing of the year! Knights would be crazy not to offer him a new deal imo!

13. knightime

knightime Dairi Kovae

As far as cheap buys go, I think Nikoll-Klokstad for the Raiders is probably the best value in the league. Presumably Hunt would be asking for a bit more next year but well worth a decent increase IMO.

14. Billy

It was a bit odd when they put Hunt and Lee on the same side of the field but Hunt said in an interview the other day that they played together for Qld junior rep sides, only Lee played centre and Hunt played wing, so they had a combination going already.

88Knight4life likes this.
  15. Jaybro

Jaybro Lenny Beckett

I feel bad for Aiden Guerra poor bloke has been so good for us and he gets injured just before we take off on our winning run.

Even when he returns I don’t see him in our best 17 the way the side is going, I wonder if anyone else agrees with me now he could be seen as surplus to requirements ??

16. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Sean Rudder

Hard to say, some players have improved but he is/was very good for us. Likely, if fit, to look at replacing Fitz, Barnett or Sione who are all going well, injury to one of them looks best option for him. Come semi’s etc he will be a very handy back up.

17. 88Knight4life

He is in my 13 once fit.
    Definitely will be in the 17 though.

Even though guys like Barnett and Sione are improving they're still not as competent as Guerra.

18. Billy

If we make the finals and Guerra is fit, he will be one of the first picked.
    The old guy might not be able to get up for games week after week, but he can get up for a SOO standard game as a one off, and only 3 or 4 others in our squad have that in them.

19. Joel

Joel Touche...

It would be insulting to drop him for our mainstay forwards from the last 6 weeks.

I’d prefer he got his match fitness up in Cup then he becomes our ideal injury replacement come finals time.

20. knightime

knightime Dairi Kovae

He's only potentially surplus to requirements because we've been relatively lucky with injuries the past couple of months. That said, he definitely makes my 17 when fit. He'd be good on that right edge IMO and would be threatening with the ball. Barnett has been very good but is not as deft with ball playing as Guerra.

Wobbles likes this.