Men State of Origin 2024

Early discussion re NSW half options, with Mitchell Moses being talked about in light of Cleary's injury

Also an article here on the Zero Tackle platform discussing it too...

Last edited:
Blues already ravaged by injury, so much so that Chad Townsend is having his name thrown around for selection.

We actually live in a world where IF Madge chooses to go that way, the NSW spine could be 1. Tedesco
6. Brooks
7. Moses

I don't think they'll go that way, but stranger things have happened.

Personally I'd be going with
1. Tedesco
6. Luai
7. Hynes

At this point halves will probably be Hynes at 7 partnered by either Luai or Burton.

Now if you wanted a real 'thrown to the wolves' bolter - Isaiya Katoa is the one.

It won't happen while there are still some options available but I'd definitely do it before we hit Chad Townsend levels of rock bottom.

Teddy probably survives off some half-decent club form and the aforementioned halves crisis - but I'd still have Edwards personally.

Excited at the prospect of seeing Bradman take that stage again, deserves to keep his spot IMO.

Blues already ravaged by injury, so much so that Chad Townsend is having his name thrown around for selection.

We actually live in a world where IF Madge chooses to go that way, the NSW spine could be 1. Tedesco
6. Brooks
7. Moses

I don't think they'll go that way, but stranger things have happened.

Personally I'd be going with
1. Tedesco
6. Luai
7. Hynes
Ex tigers spine. Haha

I’m actually in on Nicho Hynes playing Origin now. I still have some misgivings about his playing style at that level overall but his composure and decision-making have continued to improve. He’s earned his shot.

It’s weird, he got more hype in his first year at Cronulla but personally I think he’s actually improved since then and that first season was overrated.

If Mitchell Moses looks good in his return from injury, he’s my halfback, with Nicho playing 6. Otherwise Nicho 7 and Cody Walker 6 for mine.

I’m actually in on Nicho Hynes playing Origin now. I still have some misgivings about his playing style at that level overall but his composure and decision-making have continued to improve. He’s earned his shot.

It’s weird, he got more hype in his first year at Cronulla but personally I think he’s actually improved since then and that first season was overrated.

If Mitchell Moses looks good in his return from injury, he’s my halfback, with Nicho playing 6. Otherwise Nicho 7 and Cody Walker 6 for mine.
We must have FRF' with leg speed not the plod Saf's or Paolo. I dont mind the talk of Barnett, Lenui McInness

Nicho is probably getting overlooked at fair bit by people for origin because people would still have a bad taste in their mouths from his debut, which realistically he wasn’t at fault for, as he was interchanged at a stupid point in the match to play centre or something by Fittler. He’d surely be a lock at the moment for the halves.

Nicho is probably getting overlooked at fair bit by people for origin because people would still have a bad taste in their mouths from his debut, which realistically he wasn’t at fault for, as he was interchanged at a stupid point in the match to play centre or something by Fittler. He’d surely be a lock at the moment for the halves.
Out of position or not you still have to make your tackles. In saying that im not sleeping on him and believe he deserves his hot.

1 Tedesco ( or Edwards on form )
2 Garrick
3 Crichton
4 Best
5 To’o
6 Luai
7 Hynes
13 Yeo
12 Martin
11 Angus Crichton
10 Jurbo
9 Api
8 Hass

14 McInnes
15 Barnett
16 Olakau,atu
17 Lomax

18 Radley

Team picked not only on form , but ability to play multi positions and long minutes for injury coverage

Last edited:
Back