McDonnell may force Gidley out of No.1 jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ms.Nobody

Banned
One of our best tonight that last save dear god my heart was pumping. He tackled idris one on one early in the first half and was safe out the back all game. He was very vocal too.

Idris is a myth. Extremely slow and we contained him easy, just stick a second rower like paterson or taia on him and he has nothing. Big marky taufua outran him easily. He was able to make a few breaks, but against a makeshift backline, all night they fed him the ball close to the line and nothing, give it to turner and two tries.

On McDonnell, very good game, similar to the games he played at the back for us last year though, dont see where all the hate comes from, but he is like a poor mans gidley (i say that with respect). Noticed he was very good in the middle of the ruck, following up offloads and things.

Absolute thumbs up for McDonnell tonight. Of course he's not Gids but he definitely did the job.

Idris was a joke, big POS with girl hair. He really stunk.

Watching Idris chase after Taufua was a joke. As a back, you'd think he'd actually chase him down.

McDonnell was great tonight, got the job done but IMO i still want to see Gids back in the No.1 once hes right to go.

Whos Gids? Leave him out! This is a winning team :lol:

McDonnell was good, he never was BAD.. probably because he is always being compared to Gids, whos got the FB position secured.

Also a kudos to Taufua at lock! Halves gelled pretty well too. Still on a high after that win haha.

One of our best tonight that last save dear god my heart was pumping. He tackled idris one on one early in the first half and was safe out the back all game. He was very vocal too.

Try saving take in the dying minutes has changed my mind on him...we'll see in the next few weeks if he can continue to prove himself as a No.1.....big shoes to fill !!

Lets not forget the kid is still only 22, he is still developing his game, and can still show a lot of improvement.

McDonnell done his job well tonight, his positioning was average in the first half but it came right in the second. His try saving play in the dying minutes was brilliant. Great job on his part I am nearly a McDonnell convert!

I thought he was solid enough, as you'd expect, but not great. He should turn in a performance like that as a minimum. But I never hated him ... just have memories of his botched try to end all botched tries vs Parra constantly on replay in my head! haha

Where's mozza, would love to know what he thought.

I thought he was solid enough, as you'd expect, but not great. He should turn in a performance like that as a minimum. But I never hated him ... just have memories of his botched try to end all botched tries vs Parra constantly on replay in my head! haha

Where's mozza, would love to know what he thought.

He played well everyone did including Naiqama which most have neglected to mention.
He has improved his positioning and was very safe but there is no spot for him when Gidley is fit.

He did a very good job and is a more than capable replacement when Gidley is out. There is the talk of gidley going to the halves which I don't agree with but it could happen if he keeps turning in good performances.

Idris was average. Dropped a few balls inside our 20 and didn't defend that well

Agree, If Mcdonnell plays like that every week untill Gidley gets back, I hate to say it but Gidley may take his place in the halves

Suggesting that Gidley would be forced to play in the halves because McDonnell played one solid game is a bit silly.

I hope Scott & Mullo get the opportunity to be our halves combination for the rest of the year. I hate how we kept switching them around last year. I still believe they are the best combination we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back