Matt Hilder

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Lower Grades' started by listo, Jul 12, 2014.

1. listo

listo Aaron Grainger

Can anyone tell me if he's playing next year or will still be involved with the club?

2. rhugh89

rhugh89 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus Staff Member Admin

He is off contract at the end of this year and will be 33 next year

I don't think he will be offered a new deal but you never know they may offer him another 12 month extension

I would like him to stick around and if he isn't playing then hopefully he has a role at the club

3. Afro Zac

Afro Zac Todd Bates

Depends who coaches next year IMO.

Hopefully he will, always loved Hilder and its good to see him still running around in NSW Cup tackling his little heart out. Never forget that week he had a massive gash on his head, got stichted and returned in the next week or two and still tackled everything in sight. Its a shame that both, Bennett didn't rate him very much and Stone attempting to change him to a hooker, which didn't help his career very much.

- - - Updated - - -

Hard to believe he's played 201 first grade games as well

4. listo

listo Aaron Grainger

Thanks mate, that's given me a bit of hope.
    I'm going to email the Knights next year, hoping to get a few signatures on my Knights boardies to frame & hang in my bar if I sent them down. As a massive Matt Hilder fan, I'd love his signature on them too.
    It's a bit of a long shot to ask for my shorts to be signed, but I got married last year wearing a suit top & my Knights shorts, so I thought if I sent a wedding photo with the question, just maybe I'd get lucky.
    I was going to ask this year, but stuff Bennett & Boyd, I'd rather wait, even if I do get a big NO

5. jamesgould

jamesgould Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus Staff Member Admin

He's been off for a while again with concussion I think ... might be best for his future health if he packs it in.

6. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

Stone likes Hilder so i'd say if Stone gets the job then Hilder would probably get another run in NSW Cup next year if he's still keen to play.

7. Afro Zac

Afro Zac Todd Bates

He's had quite a a lot of head related injuries, he may need to hang up the boots come to think of it. Hopefully if he does, he gets an off field role with the Knights, played just over 101 games for the Knights, so I hope we give him the send of he deserves!

8. Jekk

Jekk Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus Staff Member Admin

Baublier
    Lol very cool.... I didn't get married in my jersey but we had a photo shoot in them over our wedding gear :lol: They had it up in the kingdom for awhile :) Would you be willing to show us a photo?? :)

If you get no love from them and they have a fan day next year I could take them along for you..

9. ASJ82

ASJ82 Todd Bates

Mech Fitter
    I got some knights quicksilver shorts signed they come up nice, the players loved the idea something a bit different, silver pen on the blue looks good

10. listo

listo Aaron Grainger

Sounds good mate, they're what I'd be sending down.

I don't really know how to put a photo up with an iPhone Jekk, our PC is cactus at the moment. I could send it to you in an email?

11. Jekk

Jekk Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus Staff Member Admin

Baublier
    jekk@marathonstadium.com! :applause: