Levi released to join Manly

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by Kurriboy, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Steve Simpson

Well it's now all over the net that Levi has been released and is joining Manly.

I'm sure some here will be happy.

I always thought he had great potential that was hampered by poor development and management (coach).

I will be very keen to see how he goes at Manly.

There is a DT story apparently with some quotes from Danny, anybody got access and can give the gist?

2. knightime

knightime Shane Mackley

He basically said that he thought he is one of the better hookers around currently and he never had a chance to truly prove himself at the Knights. No ill will towards Obi and the new coaching staff. Doesn't mention Brown specifically from memory.

3. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    It is what it is, for me we broke him by playing him with a bad back and 2 years before he was ready AKA Brock Lamb, hopefully he has more success than the former.

No doubting he tried his best for us, hope he kills it.

Interesting Manly picks up another Knight they seem to like our scraps.

Beaumont likes this.
  4. luke46

luke46 Peter Malcolm

I always got the impression he was criticized he didn't 'get on' well with some key players... Has a bit of a similar feel to DCE around the QLD camp a few years ago or Jackson Hastings..

Hope he goes well at a new club... It would have been interesting to see if Levi, lamb, cogger, meany had developed into a nrl level spine if they stuck together.

5. KnightsUnite

KnightsUnite George Carmont

Levi and the rest of the boys always seem to be getting along well, he was one of the 'pests' always playing jokes on the boys... Two weeks ago he said the toughest part of leaving was the team, he in no way was a DCE and thought his **** didn't stink.

He will succeed in the NRL under a better coach, playing with a back injury is someone who is tough!

Wish him the best and hopefully he can find his groove early with manly and build up a combo with DCE and Turbo.

Joshhh likes this.
  6. R_A

R_A Timana Tahu

unfortunately there is no patience in losing these days any more.

7. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Des might use him as an impact player, which is what he was as a junior.
    He could win a game in 30 or 40 minutes of furious effort.
    He has worked hard at learning to play longer minutes by not ripping in so much, but it won't surprize me to see him play more like he did as a young fella.

8. Ethan

Ethan Tony Butterfield

No chance if Lamb was in it .

9. Ethan

Ethan Tony Butterfield

I liked Levi but he is now a silvertail and I now hate him and hope they go so bad that they get smashed every game and get moved to New Guinea.

10. mattam10

mattam10 Dan Tolar

Good luck to him! But I am so glad he is gone. I said this on Twitter, but it would frustrate me when we’d be on the opposition try line with the attack ready outside and he would try dive through. He probably pulled it off a handful of times out of 1000. I think Brailey is going to be the difference we need this year.

Lefty likes this.
  11. Lefty

Lefty Todd Bates

Retired
    IMO mental resilience and a hooker who puts the team first will be the differences we need this year.

I’m very happy Levi is gone!

mattam10 likes this.
  12. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Steve Simpson

Brendan Elliot left us with plenty saying he was not nrl quality. Manly turned him in to a handy first grader.

Levi has copped plenty of flak from members here, apparently selfish and whatever. I wish Levi nothing but the best and will enjoy watching his development and the result of what manly can do for him.

13. knightime

knightime Shane Mackley

I thought Elliott was good enough to stay to be honest, but we were churning through a raft of players then. I think we should have kept him for cheap.

Battler and Lefty like this.
  14. Lefty

Lefty Todd Bates

Retired
    I was disappointed when Elliot was let go, I believe we should have kept him.

Battler and knightime like this.
  15. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    LOL with ex pats form against us, watch him bag a hatrick against us doing just that.

16. Ethan

Ethan Tony Butterfield

Des is a whole different kettle of fish to what Levi has had coaching him before .
    It will be either Levi will play out of his skin or the 1st year at Manly will be his last and maybe his last in the NRL . Personally I think he will go well with Des, even if he kills it there it was never going to happen here so the move is the best thing for him.

Beaumont likes this.
  17. luke46

luke46 Peter Malcolm

Wi
    With all due respect to Mann, kosjacyn etc I wish we didn't go on a signing spree looking for utility backs ro replace him... Like imagine how we could have better used that kosjacyn, Griffin, Mann, Watson, etc $$$

18. Ethan

Ethan Tony Butterfield

We were just unlucky Kostjacyn would have been the end of it except he got hurt at training .
    Then Griffin showed how good he was but we were unlucky again. We wouldn't have bought anyone else if he stayed healthy.
    Mann wouldn't be here and neither would Brailey and Levi either most likely … Watson I believe we bought to play 5/8 but he played well at f/b and shone at hooker .
    Watson I would have bought anyway I like the way he plays and if I was coach id find a place on the field for him for 80 min .

19. daniels

daniels Tea Ropati

Levi's form was a big part of the run of wins we had last year playing off good forward momentum, the one, two punch of Levi and Watson getting out from Dummy half did a lot of damage to teams. His lack of control of the ruck at the back half of the year was really evident though. Time will tell if this works out for better or worse i guess.

Braily should give us more options closer to the line, all Levi really had was the barge over. Braily seems to have a nice short kicking game which should give us more options in attack.

20. R_A

R_A Timana Tahu

Des’ problem at the Bulldogs was that he over complicated things and it seems like he does that at Manly to a lesser extent. That’s not going to bode well with Levi.

Lefty likes this.