Kurt Gidley's Blog

IMG001192009060419462110353513320090621103535.jpg

MMS: Mullo & Ben Rodgers
Head shave for charity

Well its been a while between drinks since my last blog update but I’m BACK and really excited about the new look web page!

The disappointing loss to Melbourne on Saturday night was hard to take. I thought we were the better side on the night but with 4 minutes to go the Storm snatched the win from our grasp.

Outside of footy I’ve been relaxing by taking my new Harley for a few rides around the beaches. Its a great way to clear the head and take in all the beautiful sites of Newcastle. I think when we have a couple of days off I might take it for a spin up and around the Hunter Valley Vineyards.
Looking forward to hearing from all my supporters out there.
http://kurtgidley.beinvolved.com.au/2009/07/06/hi-everyone/

Exciting Times

Wow a week in footy can be a long time.

Things have been a little kaotic of late. Well with all the coaching issues and a some disappointing performances it’s been a bit tough. But with our future sorted with our new coach Rick Stone everyone has their minds back on the job and on the semi’s again.

Monday night’s game vs the Storm was one of our best performances in a long time. Our attitude in defence was back to where it should be. Some outstanding games by Jarrod Mullen, Junior Sau and Mark Taufua guided us to a win but it was Zeb Taia who collected the Players Player Award on the night.

Away from the footy field there has been some serious golf comps going on. My local course, Merewether Golf Club, has been the venue for our latest game between Wes Naiqama, Scott Dureau, George Ndaira and myself. Scotty took the cash with a very smart game. Unfortunately my stock standard duff shot on each hole left me scratching my head in despair. A few sneaky lessons with the local pro will sort my flaws out and bring me back into contention.

Well another big game vs the Cowboys at home this week. Can’t wait to see everyone there and hear that “NEW-CAS-TLE” chant throughout the game.
All the Best.
Kurt

http://kurtgidley.beinvolved.com.au/2009/08/19/exciting-times/

Funnily enough, just like the players, we also thought that Taia was our best on Monday night (I'm assuming he won MSKOTW this week).

Good to see him continuing with his blogs, I'm not expecting an update for at least a month now though :razz:

Not sure which game it was, but I noticed the MSKOTW agreed with the Player's Player another time recently, when MacDougall won.

Canberra

After a disappointing trip to the nations capital on Monday night we find ourselves playing for everything this Sunday at home against the Panthers.

Not the situation we wanted to be in but a great opportunity for one last shot at the semi’s with a big home crowd expected. Can’t wait!

Whilst I was in Canberra I headed to the War Memorial Museum. I must recommend to everyone who stays or passes through Canberra to go and visit this memorial. A real eye opener and a great history lesson.

Looking forward to running out Sunday in front of a huge and vocal crowd cheering us home. See you there!

http://kurtgidley.beinvolved.com.au/2009/09/02/canberra/

Back