Knights to tempt Gaz with 200k+ offer for 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to ask players from other clubs what doesn't attract them to the Knights.

Factors would have to be:

- Location (being 2 hours from Sydney)
- Off field drama
- Team performance
- Club culture
- Lifestyle

Is it true that there's not much to do in Newcastle? Perhaps that puts them off compared to the bright lights of the cities.

But then again, does Townsville or Auckland have the same problems attracting players? Not really.

Perhaps our current coach might not be the most appealing guy to play under, especially if what Warren Ryan wrote about players getting away with murder at training was correct. Most players would want a coach who would push them, I'd say.

I have lost all faith in the recruiting staff and Stone. It least make him a F*****g offer you retards.

Is it true that there's not much to do in Newcastle? Perhaps that puts them off compared to the bright lights of the cities.

But then again, does Townsville or Auckland have the same problems attracting players? Not really.

Perhaps our current coach might not be the most appealing guy to play under, especially if what Warren Ryan wrote about players getting away with murder at training was correct. Most players would want a coach who would push them, I'd say.

I think the factor is our coach thats what seems to be discourging players!!
As for nothing to do nah thats not true most footy players are beach lovers and we have some beautiful beaches and other stuff to do most players who move here love it here.
I heard gaz say he liked newcastles laid back lifestyle, so im guessing its coach and our performance of late

We don't play our negotiations out in the media - just because you don't hear about it doesn't mean it isn't happening.

I assure you they are well aware of the holes in our team and have identified priority signings to fill them.

The issue is not that they are "f**king useless" - the issue is that it is a very competitive market for top players, and we simply aren't an attractive club to come to - and we never have been.

Doesn't mean we aren't having a dig, but it is a particular type of player that is attracted to our club - i.e. one who prefers a more laid-back lifestyle - and that isn't the most common personality type in 20-something men, is it......

You guys have NFI how hard our CEO and recruitment manager work on these things - back off a bit with the criticism.

We don't play our negotiations out in the media - just because you don't hear about it doesn't mean it isn't happening.

I assure you they are well aware of the holes in our team and have identified priority signings to fill them.

The issue is not that they are "f**king useless" - the issue is that it is a very competitive market for top players, and we simply aren't an attractive club to come to - and we never have been.

Doesn't mean we aren't having a dig, but it is a particular type of player that is attracted to our club - i.e. one who prefers a more laid-back lifestyle - and that isn't the most common personality type in 20-something men, is it......

You guys have NFI how hard our CEO and recruitment manager work on these things - back off a bit with the criticism.
Sure thing boss

Well, Dragons might not be able to fit him. And he doesn't want to go to Union. So Knights, if I were you, I'll go for it as this is the best time to go for him.

Totally agree, I think they are working especially hard and every media centre seems to think that a player comes on the market and suddenly the Knights are interested. Although I understand the frustrations of other supporters during this time (hell we are 3 and 6) I feel that referring to our CEO as f&*cking useless does not help considering the s&*t he has had to deal with so far this year I cannot fathom how anyone can think that he would simply sit around letting the game go too ruin.

Yes things don't look appealing for young talented players to come to the Knights at the moment, but I am sure that things will change for the better soon.

Just remember when we were looking to sign Mason he went public with it all on the belief that the deal was signed and delivered and got massivley burnt for it. Personally I can see why he would not want to go public with who we are sigining.

Very true that we don't have to play everything out in the media.

I think Rick Stone has made it clear, in various interviews & recent actions, that a Half Back is a priority.

I think Gasnier is over rated and over value, if we have to pay him $400k+ (as St Georgre is rumoured to pay in 2nd & 3rd years) I'd rather pay Ingles $500k+

Just remember it doesn't take much to turn a average team into a top 4 side...usually one or two players.

sorry your majesty if everyone struck a nerve on your beloved CEO and recruitment manager.now run along back to the place considered better then here.

cmon guys stop this name calling stuff everyone is entitled to an opinion!
Knightfan93 Mac is very well informed and he makes sence about the whole keeping recruitment quite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back