Knights target Kade Snowden

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Discussion' started by josh2010, Jan 30, 2011.

1. josh2010

josh2010 Up The Knights!!!!! Staff Member Moderator

2. Sam

Sam Brett Shore

I would love to see TLL at the club, he is a quality player with great go forward, size and agression. Plus he can play second row if needed. Sign him up!

3. NF_47

NF_47 GoHard|GoKnights|GoProud

He would be an excellent addition to our team, he has really hit his stride this past year aswell. IMO we will be in with an excellent chance, if he goes to where the money is we would have to be certainty's one would think, considering Canberra have a fair few big name in their team as is and they will be hard to retain.

4. Jonno

Jonno The 18th Man

Mining Engineer
    Would be a good player to target. Raiders pack is getting pretty full so a few players might be squeezed out, and he is a metre eater we could use. Consistently over 100m/game last season. At 25 yrs, he is going into his prime, just like Costigan.

8. Housten (25 yrs)
    9. DeGois (26 yrs)
    10. TLL (25 yrs)
    11. Taia (26 yrs)
    12. Paterson (23 yrs)
    13. Costigan (25 yrs)

Now that is a quality pack. All going into their primes, TLL, Cositgan, Taia all rep players. Housten was knocking on the door in 2009, DeGois is in the top 6 or so hookers in the game (on 2008/2009 form) and we all know Paterson has the potential.

Add to that Fa'aso, Tuimavave and Kaufusi, who are still around the same age, and have time to return to their best. And Hilder who even at 28, seems like a guy who wont age, and will continue to perform strong. Then there is the young guys like Edwards, Ailaomai, Cook, O'Donnell etc.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  5. OneblueoneRedEye

OneblueoneRedEye Cory Denniss

The great thing about this is that we have identified someone early and not making a last minute attempt to get a player here. I hope he is not the only one and we have a few irons in the fire.

6. Matty23

Matty23 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

This is great news! He would be an awesome signing. We'd have one of the most excellent packs in the comp if this happened. I say, sign him up!

Imagine that!

8. Chris Houston
    9. Isaac De Gois
    10. Tom Learoyd Lahrs
    11. Zeb Taia
    12. Cory Paterson
    13. Neville Costigan

Not to mention having two of the most athletic wingers in the comp in Akuila Uate & James McManus.

:pray:

7. Junior11

Junior11 Moderator Moderator

Wow this is amazing news, Tom is only just finding his best footy and I think his best is still to come. It's not just our money that'll seriously tempt him, it's knowing that he's here to lead our team and he doesn't have to play second fiddle anymore. Two NSW props in Snowden and TLL upfront for us sounds pretty damn good to me! :)

8. Ljackson

Ljackson Gary Wurth

Make sure we save half the cheque book for kade snowdon next year knights!!

NF_47 likes this.
  9. Mike23

Mike23 80 Arms Human Warrior

Marquee signing for 2011 or 2012? :think:

NF_47 likes this.
  10. Junior11

Marquee target for 2011 so we can sign him this year and he plays for us in 2012.

NF_47 likes this.
  11. Mark01

Mark01 Brett Grogan

8. Learoyd Lahrs
    9. De Gois
    10. Kaufusi
    11.Taia
    12. Costigan
    13. Hilder

14. Paterson
    15. Housten
    16. Tuimavave
    17. Fa'aoso

18. Taufua
    19. Edwards
    20. Tolar
    21. Southern
    22. Alomai
    23. Tetevano

12. josh2010

josh2010 Up The Knights!!!!! Staff Member Moderator

One hell of a forward pack and bench!!!

13. Lynchyknight

Lynchyknight Clint Newton

Townsville - Wish I lived in Newcastle though
    That would be a AWESOME signing if we can pull it off. But first thing is first we need to re-sign Gidley !! After that go for it and if we get him we will go close to the best forward pack in the comp.

14. gids

gids Rod Whitaker

I think that Learoyd Lahrs was overrated a few years ago but now he uses his size and would be a great buy!

15. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

He'd be a great signing, i mentioned him as a potential signing back around in June, July 2010 & looks like the football gods have been listening! :) He's also one of my favourite players & to have TLL & Snowden in the team aswell as our current pack, we'd have to have the best pack almost surely!

16. Joel

Joel Touche...

So did Snowden say he wanted to come back to Newy or something, if so :dancing:
    imo we couldn't keep all those forwards for next year. Anyone of here know who's coming off contract?

17. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

Well he hasn't said anything formal but the Knights are gonna target him in 2012 & you'd have to think we have a good chance as he's from Newcastle.

18. Junior11

I think we're definitely going to have to release a few over the next few years

Off contract the end of this year: Cameron Ciraldo, Isaac De Gois, Kurt Gidley , Matt Hilder, Adam MacDougall, Constantine Mika, Kevin Naiqama, Wes Naiqama, Ben Rogers, Junior Sa'u, Steve Southern, Zeb Taia, Evarn Tuimavave

Off contract at the end of next year: Joel Edwards, Richie Fa'aoso, Antonio Kaufusi, Cory Paterson, Mark Taufua, Dan Tolar

Right there there's about 7-8 players I would be okay getting rid of if it means making our side stronger. If Stone shares my opinion and if Tinkler takes over, I have no doubt we'll be bringing quite a few big names to Newcastle.

19. Joel

Joel Touche...

These are the people I'd let go for other players, exception of Doogs retiring. The rest not sure, but with the amount of talent we or at least hope of getting it wouls surely be worth it. I'd let go of Tolar but, Newcastle guy, its hard.

20. Onemangang

Onemangang Robbie O'Davis

coal miner
    It would be outstanding to get him to our club!!