Knights should play half their home games at Bluetongue Stadium: Singo

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Discussion' started by QldKnight, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Beaumont

Beaumont Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Muscle checking and manipulation of greyhounds.
    I suggest Singo take More Joyous of Gai Waterhouse for half her remaining starts and hand the training over to Chris Waller just down the road. I also suggest he get a different jockey for her remaining runs. Singleton didn't become a multi by being a simpleton and he as much as anyone is entitled to his opinion but having plenty of folding don't mean you're right all the time. I can remember Singo on late night TV where he shared the set with Thug the Wonder Dog. Thug was licking his own testicles one night whilst Singo was doing an interview when the guest said to him "I wish I could do that" pointing to Thug. Singo answered "pat him and he might let you." Those were the days when Singo was both successful and likeable. Nowadays he's an opinionated arrogant a*se clown

2. Jekk

Jekk Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus Staff Member Admin

Baublier
    Bloody heck, if this Lake Macquarie debacle is an example of whats to come in the off season then we're all in trouble :rolleyes:

3. Matho

Matho EST DENMAN

Boring
    Way way way way way way way way way way way way way back 13 years ago I was in fav of a joint venture with the Knights getting a partner in the Bears .... Knowing that Manly/Norths was never ever going to work & putting the Knights front office in good shape money wise, But 13 years on & as a Knights member I'd still be in fav for a deal... It would get my vote if it EVER gets that far (I don't see that happening at the current moment) .... But on the terms that Greg Florimo's gang isn't a part of this, Central Coast RL/Newcastle Knights Limited (HSG)/NewCo all agree that the colours stay the same (Red & Blue), 6 home games each & Hunter Stadium gets all finals footy, plus last home game (old boys).... I'd be in fav of a name change to Coastal knights or central Knights or even just Knights.... Plus the Central Coast RL & Newcastle RL merges into one comp.... It would be an awesome idea that would make the Knights borders go from Brooklyn in the south to Parkes in the West to Coffs in the North.... I like the idea but until it gets put to members of the Knights it's a water cooler talk that's all ....

4. jamesgould

jamesgould Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus Staff Member Admin

Imo it's put the ball being kicked over the Bluetongue Stadium fence debate to shame!

5. mbnsw

mbnsw Darren Meredith

Qualified Glazier
    My thoughts exactly, Im allready bored **itless. :p

6. brentus777

brentus777 David Mullane

Well I work on the central coast and I'd say 95% of people I work with hate the knights... So don't think it would be as much a home game as you may think...

7. QldKnight

QldKnight Rodney Howe

Just interested Brentus, are they locals that have grown up in the area or people moved in from Sydney (or elsewhere)? I'm wondering because I work in Brisbane in a business of about 60 staff and there are only 3 Broncos fans among them. There's also 2 Knights fans, a Roosters fan, a Warriors fan, a couple of Manly (eurgh) fans, a Souths fan etc. and probably others I don't know about. With the exception of the Souths fan and 1 of the Knights fans (me :p), the rest are from Sydney/NZ.

8. Gidleys-my-knight08

Gidleys-my-knight08 The future Mrs Joey Johns

Student
    Knights used to have two games up here a season - rabbits and manly (whether or not they were moved home or away games is besides the point.) we always pull quite good crowds and with the chances of the coast getting a team of their own being slim to none nowadays, it'd be great to have more games (not Newcastle in particular) up at Bluetonuge, it's a good venue and gives people on the coast that may not be able to travel to games, to be able to easily access them more often. There's no way half a season for the knights, that's ridiculous. But I would love to see one or two home games up here, there's quite a league following on the coast, so the crowds are not a problem.

9. Jekk

Jekk Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus Staff Member Admin

Baublier
    You know I'm from the Hunter and its hard to find a Knights fan here so I don't know maybe we are just looking in the wrong places

10. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

Thank God this isn't getting pulled off. What a joke it would be. We are the Newcastle Knights, too much heritage to just merge with other cities. Besides alot of CC people hate the Knights & we always play like crap there.

11. jamesgould

jamesgould Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus Staff Member Admin

Move to NZ! Home of Knights support. :lol:

12. Hebby

Hebby Front Rower

They were away games for the knights. There are a couple of teams who choose to move their home knights games there to make the most of both sydney fans and newcastle fans money (Manly, Souths, Roosters). I like the couple of games we have there and i go to them but not at the expense of knights home games. I highly doubt it will happen anyway. If other teams want to use it to attract bigger crowds than they would in sydney on crowded game days then so be it but knights home games anywhere else but hunter stadium seems stupid considering the money and effort we have put into making it a 19,000 average attendance stadium.

13. Playmaker06

Playmaker06 Max Chapman

Sales rep
    I totally agree with you james :lol:

14. lowey

lowey Michael Hagan

maybe they could supplie free shuttle buses out of wyong gosford to hunter stadium