Knights release Jesse Ramien

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by josh2010, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Ethan

Ethan Ben Kennedy

Its not his tackling that bothers me its mostly his work out of dummy half , his passing is crap . He slows all the forwards up who then get smashed and include Pearce there too .
    Levi helped cost us games this year... Then he comes out and does almost everything right and look how we went , Forwards not having to slow down or stop or reach for the pass and getting the pass early so they have time before the defence gets to them ...It was actually pretty to watch , so good on him all he has to do now is be consistant with it .

Lefty likes this.
  2. Ethan

Ethan Ben Kennedy

Hope Ramien signs long term .

Beaumont likes this.
  3. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

The Mole reckons Ramien wants to leave. So I’m expecting him to sign a 10 year extension over the next few days.

Last edited: May 1, 2019
    kurtsux likes this.
  4. Volcom66853

Volcom66853 Robbie Tew

He was asking facebook followers for stories

5. mullenmagic

mullenmagic Trent Estatheo

6. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2019
  7. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    Be brillant value, I'd say 4 years though, his a long term player for mine and if plays origin would heavily increase in value.

8. Owey

Owey Darren Forward

He was the bolder for Craig Wing's Origin team on the NRL website on monday

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

9. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Didn't Wing also have Watson in there? Haha.

10. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

I dont like long deals, 3yrs is a good time frame imo.
    If upgraded this year? His here till 2023 at a minimum.

11. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Mark Hughes

3 years is fine, have to balance securing him longer term with the risks of injury, form etc.

12. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
  13. R_A

R_A Sean Rudder

Never considered the Mole to be the most accurate source and that goes for anyone in regards to the Knights unless I hear it from us.

They were open about the Levi release inc Brown so if Ramien wanted a release the team would say so

14. Jaybro

Jaybro Lenny Beckett

Remember when I said we should upgrade and extend him before a ball was kicked and I was laughed at??

Doesn't seem so silly now.

Upgrade his deal for next year plus another 3 on top I'm sure he'll sign soon enough.

It is right he that the main reason he signed with the Knights was to be with his daughter, but living on the Central Coast means he's not too far from Sydney anyways, so moving back to Sydney isn't totally out of the question I'd say.

15. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

Don't discount manager nonsense. Journalists are just trying to break a story after all, I do find it hard to believe that someone with such a big platform would straight make up a lie, you simply couldn't get away with it. But managers have been known to be crafty b*stards implanting disinformation to achieve an outcome.

16. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

I think everyone would agree now. Fair enough that people didn't want to upgrade him before he'd even pulled a Knights jersey on, but it's irresponsible at this point to tell him to get ****ed & cop his current deal now when he's quickly rising as one of the best centre prospects in the game.

Lefty and Jaybro like this.
  17. Jaybro

Jaybro Lenny Beckett

Especially considering he's up for negotiation in 6 months

Lefty likes this.
  18. R_A

R_A Sean Rudder

I agree and in some cases it’s true that players want out but because we’re not a Sydney team I genuinely believe there are a very few in the media that really know what goes on at the Knights.
    If Baz debunks it it’s good enough for me.

After Jimmy Maloney being forced to come out and put Buzz in his place on twitter it’s hard to believe what is true anymore.
    Moley usually throws darts and hopes some of them hit (and by some I mean one lol)

Baz was one of the few that said Klemmer wouldn’t mind relocating his family to Newcastle at the time when the rest of the media was denying that Klemmer was going anywhere and if you read between the lines with what Klemmer said the year earlier about it being a business and that he can be tapped on the shoulder at any time it’s easy to put two and two together.

19. Jaybro

Jaybro Lenny Beckett

I know the Lurker isn't usually a solid source but he gave a fairly good explanation of what has happened
    • Samuel Rutherford: Does Ramien want out of Knights? What have you heard?

• The Lurker: Hi Samuel, you can take this as fact. Ramien is desperate to breakaway from his agent Gavin Orr, whose incredibly poor handling of Valentine Holmes' departure from Cronulla hasn't gone down well with plenty of players close to Holmes - including Ramien.

The young Knights centre is concious of his brand and doesn't want to risk that being damaged. So, Ramien wants to split from Orr to link with another agent. However, Orr is onto Ramien's plan and so in reply, he's been running around telling everyone that the young centre wants out of Newcastle so Orr can pull him away from the agent Ramien wants to join, who is also based in Newcastle.

It's grubby rugby league at its best. But be sure, Ramien isn't going anywhere.

krustykraz likes this.
  20. mullenmagic

mullenmagic Trent Estatheo

I figured the manager may have had something to do with it. Toohey mentioned in the article a few weeks ago that he was having management issues that would prevent him from signing anything in the short term.