Kaufusi Gooone! Signs with London Harlequins

It didn't real take him all that long to settle in, but Bennett didn't have the patience. A shame that he's lost to the NRL, really. I thought he was the man in 2006ish.

Good luck to him!

Disappointing loss. I too thought he could return to the form that got him an Australian. I dont see Adam Cuthbertson as an upgrade at all.

I will miss him.

But the thread title makes him sound like he's a rug in a perpetually closing down warehouse.

Aaahh well, woulda been nice if he stayed, but Bennett makes the decisions these days.

Not a big loss for the fact that our other props are finally aiming up, but I reckon he still has a lot to offer and would have liked to kept him, for sure.

All the best Antonio!

Kaufusi would no doubt be on substantially more money.
I don't know about that. Before he signed with us, he struggled to make FG and was stuck playing QLD cup, can't imagine him being on a great deal. Then again we payed an absolute nuffie in Patterson 300k+ a season so it wouldn't suprise me at all if Kaufusi was getting payed well above his skill level. Who knows?

Bit unfortunate given his recent form - It looks as though when given the right motivation and focus, he still has what it takes.

Wouldve loved to see him stay and try prove Bennett wrong, but o well.

Good luck to him overseas.

I don't know about that. Before he signed with us, he struggled to make FG and was stuck playing QLD cup, can't imagine him being on a great deal. Then again we payed an absolute nuffie in Patterson 300k+ a season so it wouldn't suprise me at all if Kaufusi was getting payed well above his skill level. Who knows?

Supposedly as a back-ended deal he was going to be on $250k next year which prob means he was cheap on his first year with some support from the Cowboys and a bit more this year with little or no support from the Cowboys if he was contracted. It was probably a reasonable offer at the time, but now that we can keep juniors and entice other players, maybe it's a better move hat he's gone?

For all we know Kaufusi could be playing like early this year form when he starts with the 'Quins making 30m a game!

Regardless of whether Kaufusi was temporarily in Queensland Cup, I'd have thought it was pretty obvious he'd always be paid a lot more than Tolar?! Tolar has played 100 games and been in and out of first grade the whole time, Kaufusi has proven he can play to a very high level, Queensland and Australia, was just out of favour at the Cowboys, would have had a few clubs after him and we were struggling to attract players at the time.

Completely different kettles of fish.

Back