Katoni Staggs allowed to test the market

Billy

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
He's 2 years older than Star To'a and about where I think Star will be in 2 years time.
He'll want big money and we could spend big money on a forward or two if we had it.

Still_Nutty

Steve Southern

Still_Nutty

Steve Southern
He's 2 years older than Star To'a and about where I think Star will be in 2 years time.
He'll want big money and we could spend big money on a forward or two if we had it.

Hey Billy...

1) I hope Starford is up to this standard in 2 years time - I see the potential and hope it is realised, for our sake

2) They are talking $700K plus for him and agree we probably have more pressing priorities, although I still believe we are light on in quality backs...I just like the idea of a backline with Best and Staggs (with Ponga chiming in :dude:)

mozza

Game on broheim
Excellent attacking player but his defence is balls.

I have no issues with our current centre options. Money should be spent elsewhere.

Ethan

Adam MacDougall
Im pretty happy with the backs we have adding Watson and Mann to that list too. I dont think we need to spend that much on Staggs.

Jaybro

Justin Holbrook
Would be a dream but unless you’re the roosters having two centres taking up 1.5M of your cap means you’re going to be hurting in other areas of your squad

Still_Nutty

Steve Southern
Extracted from Billy's post in the 'Toohey's News' thread...13/3
Knights have been talking to Kotoni Staggs but his 800k price tag is too much....

Interesting to be talking to Staggs at this point, with him still not expected to be pulling a boot on until at least mid season or later...obviously price is too high, particularly based on the uncertainty of how well he'll return from the injury but it is a pointer to what sort of recruitment Obi is looking for around the squad next year