Kalyn Ponga

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Discussion' started by Aidos, Mar 9, 2018.

1. R_A

R_A Adam Woolnough

Good to see the Telecrap months behind the actual news.

2. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Sean Rudder

CM saying how the Knights are making the mistake moving him to 5/8, apparent;y it was Ponga wanting to make the switch to 5/8 according to Ponga.

Brown said last year Ponga will know when he was ready to move to 5/8, it seems he thinks now is the time.

My concern is not whether he will succeed as I know he will, with time. Brown has said we need patience with Ponga's move to 5/8, and the concern is if we are not winning games, and Ponga is not really gelling to the position quickly, how long does Brown give him with our season slipping away. Not to forget Brown will be under pressure this season to deliver some result.

In the past, Brown has tended to give players too long to find their feet I believe. Though he didn't have many choices for replacements in most cases.

3. cowboyman

cowboyman Ben Kennedy

Hospitality
    From a interview I’ve seen he was asked and he said he prefers fullback but doing what’s best for the team.

Either way it’s just a stupid positional change that really isn’t needed. Ponga was playing more as a 5/8th in attack last year while hiding him at fullback in defence now it’s open slather on him.

4. Joel

Joel Touche...

5. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

Scorsese would be turning in his grave if he was dead.