Kalyn Ponga re-signs with the Knights

I think credit for Kaylyns attitude and gratitude is owed a lot to his parents. I think he says so himself. Everyone knows what a grounded and hard working kid he is. That usually reflects on the parents for mine. Maybe Kaylyns Dad is living a bit through his son. Why not enjoy the ride so long as your heart and interests are with your sons future. The Dad should just look after Kaylyn’s interests. Most managers are pigs anyway so I see no drama keeping more cash in the family. One of the hottest commodities in Australian sport. Would be very lucky to keep him. Until we know otherwise let’s hope he lights the NRL up with the Knights for a little bit longer.

Because everything written in the media is true. Have your own opinion. I have mine based on very good info that’s been said by someone that has a proven track record. Whatever floats your boat.

settle now Sally. You’re a touchy little muffin on this matter. Your opinion is of sour grapes, the others are of optimism. Both understandable given history with the player.

M
This is a different poster I’m talking about. B Smiths father rarely posts on the Cowboys forum now.
Must've joined up the the purple army. Funny that. As for Ponga.....all the knights can hope for is playing finals keeps this kid around. Will be getting scouted from various codes for big $$$$

M

Must've joined up the the purple army. Funny that. As for Ponga.....all the knights can hope for is playing finals keeps this kid around. Will be getting scouted from various codes for big $$$$

No idea what you’re on about in regards to the purple army. But this guy called Ponga’s debut well before any media outlet got a sniff, also said Drinkwater was on his way to Townsville well before any media outlet had a sniff. Was nailed on certain Holmes was a cowboy 2 years before arriving, he had no intention of ever staying at the Sharks and tried to force a move north in his last season for the Sharks which didn’t happen. Coincidently had his best season there at fullback so thanks to the Sharks for living in hope and trying to convince him to stay and play him in his desired position.

As for Ponga well of course he is going to get a lot of money in his next contract. Media hype and ability does that. Did he back up that hype in 2019? For the most part I’d say no. Especially in the back end of the year he threw the towel in and got found out somewhat by other NRL teams as he has only, so far got one pet play which was easily defended for majority of 2019.

No idea what you’re on about in regards to the purple army. But this guy called Ponga’s debut well before any media outlet got a sniff, also said Drinkwater was on his way to Townsville well before any media outlet had a sniff. Was nailed on certain Holmes was a cowboy 2 years before arriving, he had no intention of ever staying at the Sharks and tried to force a move north in his last season for the Sharks which didn’t happen. Coincidently had his best season there at fullback so thanks to the Sharks for living in hope and trying to convince him to stay and play him in his desired position.

As for Ponga well of course he is going to get a lot of money in his next contract. Media hype and ability does that. Did he back up that hype in 2019? For the most part I’d say no. Especially in the back end of the year he threw the towel in and got found out somewhat by other NRL teams as he has only, so far got one pet play which was easily defended for majority of 2019.

Can't disagree he really did throw in the towel , but he is young so hopefully he can party a bit less this year and play some footy not everyone is joey johns and can combine the both ;)

We have so much riding on this kid, his opportunities and ability will go a long way towards our ladder results, sure , but this is a team sport everyone needs to put in to make it successful.

Look I don't want to get onto the KP band wagon , but one thing for sure he needs to - not read the papers or Listen to head noise about how good he is, show us how good he is on the Paddock work hard and keep a level head not get a big one.

Lattrel should be a good example of what can go wrong.

I reckon we finish top 4 or looking like it this year or KP is gone. He will want to be with a contender.

I refuse to get my hopes up over Ponga, because he will be offered virtually anything he wants to go elsewhere.
It does sound promising though.

I don't believe anything anyone says because no one really knows what the Ponga's will do. That much is probably true.

But I guess if people throw enough s**t on a wall something will stick I guess.

You wouldn't think they'd build a nice new home if they didn't plan on sticking around for at least the duration of his contract. The Family is very happy and settled and with Brown gone that increases the chances of him staying. Anyone close to someone within the team will know how that relationship went South.

What if he has a falling out with the new coach? Is he going to throw the towel in again?

Guys earning his money can build and sell houses at the drop of a hat these days. It’s not that big of a move on the go when you’re earning as much as him and young like he is.

Every chance hey!

Can't blame him, his a super talent and I'd hate to see him kill his career if we can't stop being a basket case or "rebuilding".

I wouldn't blame him at all. We nabbed a superstar no doubt on the promise we were on the up, can't blame him if we don't keep our end of the deal.

This is a very important season coming up for the Knights. Plenty of talent coming off the books after next year and if we look like basket cases again we are no chance of attracting any decent talent to join Pearce, Klemmer, and Ponga if he stays. And if O'Brien can get the team firing he will be a coach players want to play under.

People talk like its the end of the world if Ponga was to leave ...Its not . there are a few good F/backs here in the grades .
Best would be a good f/b and already is really , Lee would be good there as is Watson so it wouldn't be the end of the world and Best at 1 leaves a huge amount for else where ..
I want Ponga to stay he is a talent but the team wouldn't die without him .

I think it is Toa's best position, probably Tex Hoys as well

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Lee would be a good fullback? I’ve heard it all now. Would be an absolute disaster if Lee ever had to spend any time at fullback.

Back