Junior coaches

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Lower Grades' started by Billy, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/news-display/Coaches-appointed-for-2013-Junior-Rep-Squads/64483

Jamy Forbes will be a great addition to our coaching staff.
    He is a hooker who played a lot of junior footy with the Johns brothers and was a huge talent but a small guy.
    He took the Entrance to a win in the NSW cup when it was a comp in it's own right and not NRL reserve grade.

Also good to have Kurt Hancock back, and he will be coaching the same kids he nearly won a Mathews title with 2 years ago. That was an amazing feat - the team looked like crap in the pre season and improved every game till they missed out to the eventual gandfinal winners in extra time in the major semi.

2. turtonrd

turtonrd Dave Woods

Ah good to see the signing of Forbes, 'the wise old dog', as described by Matthew Johns. Trevor Ott also seems like a very good coach from his time at Maitland.

3. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

I've only seen Forbes play half a dozen times, but he was one of my alltime favourite players. A small guy who was constantly schemeing and trying something unexpected.
    I've heard him described as 'the third Johns brother' and you can see that in his play.

4. turtonrd

turtonrd Dave Woods

I remember him playing for The Entrance in the Jim Beam Cup GF back in 2003, he had a blinder. He also pulled out one of my favourite plays, the ''tell the ref you're going for goal and then pretend to tap it just to mess with the defence'' play.