Jarryd Hayne accused of sexual assault

rhugh89

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
Jarryd Hayne denies sexual assault claims

Michael Chammas Chief Reporter
Wed 20 Dec 2017, 05:27 PM

Parramatta Eels recruit Jarryd Hayne has strongly denied sexually assaulting a woman in 2015 during his time at the San Francisco 49ers after a civil suit was filed against him on Wednesday.

Hayne, who will start training with the Eels on January 3, sent a statement out through his lawyers on Wednesday afternoon (AEDT).

Ramy Qutami from Madison Marcus Law Firm issued a statement on behalf of Hayne.

“We act for Mr Jarryd Hayne. We are instructed to issue the statement below: Mr Hayne and his management are aware of recent media speculation in relation to a civil complaint filed in the United States of America making certain allegations in relation to an event which allegedly occurred in 2015 whilst playing for the San Francisco 49ers.

“Mr Hayne has not been served with any proceedings or formal complaint relating to the incident.

“Mr Hayne previously addressed a complaint made to the District Attorney’s office in the County of Santa Clara, California in 2016 and the District Attorney did not proceed any further with the matter due to insufficient evidence to substantiate the allegations.

“Mr Hayne provided all reasonable assistance to the District Attorney with that investigation.

“Mr Hayne unequivocally and vehemently denies the allegations which are the subject of the civil complaint. Mr Hayne will not be making any further comment in relation to this matter.”

https://www.nrl.com/news/2017/12/20/jarryd-hayne-denies-sexual-assault-claims/

Club Update: Jarryd Hayne statement

parraeels.com.au
Wed 20 Dec 2017, 04:01 PM

The Parramatta Eels have released a statement from Parramatta National Rugby League Chairman, Max Donnelly, regarding Jarryd Hayne:

The Club has been made aware of serious allegations regarding Jarryd Hayne during his time with the San Francisco 49ers. We were unaware of these allegations until they were made public today.

As with any legal matter, it is important that we follow due process and ensure that we review all relevant information available, including giving Jarryd the opportunity to respond.

The Club will continue to monitor the situation and when appropriate we will provide an update to Members and media.

Yours Sincerely,

Max Donnelly
Parramatta National Rugby League Chairman

https://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2017/12/20/club-update-jarryd-hayne-statement/

Parramatta Eels star Jarryd Hayne hires Derrick Rose lawyer

Michael Chammas Chief Reporter
Wed 3 Jan 2018, 03:01 PM

Parramatta Eels recruit Jarryd Hayne has hired the same US attorney that successfully defended rape accusations made against NBA superstar Derrick Rose in 2016.

Hayne has once again firmly denied the sexual assault allegations filed against him by a woman known as “Ms V” during his time at the San Francisco 49ers.

He fronted the media after his first training session back with the Eels on Wednesday to vehemently deny the claims, later releasing a statement to acknowledge Mark Baute as his US attorney.

The alleged victim in the Rose case sought $21.5 million in damages, however Baute helped convince a federal jury in a civil trial that the NBA 2010-11 MVP and two of his friends had not raped the woman.

“Mr Hayne is innocent and will ask a United States jury to find him innocent,” Baute said in a statement released on Wednesday afternoon.

“There is no objective evidence of any sexual assault in this matter and the lawsuit lacks merit. We do not intend to ‘try this case in the media’ and will refrain from further public comment, other than to say that Mr Hayne and I look forward to the day when a jury can decide he is innocent.”

Hayne also revealed the emotional damage the allegations have had on him and his family, maintaining his innocence in the same statement sent out by his Australian representative, Madison Marcus Law Firm.

“The last week or so have been personally distressing for not only me but my family and friends, as civil proceedings making serious allegations have been publicly aired, and certain media have followed me on a personal pre-planned trip to the other side of the world,” Hayne said in the statement.

“I was not given any notice of these proceedings prior to any media reports. I confirm that I unequivocally and vehemently deny the allegations made against me and I will be vigorously defending the matter.

"As everyone should understand, I cannot publicly discuss anything relating to this matter as it is now the subject of legal proceedings in the United States.

“I’d like to thank all my family, friends and fans who have both privately and publicly sent messages of support. My request to the media is to provide my family and I respect and privacy at this time.

"I cannot and will not make any further comment regarding this matter until the legal proceedings are concluded.

I have the utmost faith in the United States justice system.

"I urge you to please respect this request for not only me but my family and teammates. I have the utmost faith in the United States justice system and have left this matter with my legal team.”

Hayne fronted the media on Wednesday afternoon and reiterated he would speak more about the case once it was resolved.

"After the court case is finished, I can and I will," he said.

"I've been thinking about getting back to training, knowing the plays. That's where my head space is at the moment.

"The first couple of weeks is just about getting into shape. Everything else will sort itself out.

"It's good to be home. "

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/01/03/parramatta-eels-star-jarryd-hayne-hires-derrick-rose-lawyer/

Jury to decide Jarryd Hayne rape lawsuit after mediation breakdown

Peter Mitchell, The Daily Telegraph
3 minutes ago

A RAPE civil lawsuit filed against Jarryd Hayne appears headed to a sensational jury trial in California with the NRL star and his accuser failing to resolve the matter at mediation talks.

Lawyers for both sides have filed a joint update on the case to the US District Court and Hayne’s friends in Australia have emerged as potential keys to the lawsuit.

Hayne, former New Zealand rugby league international Krisnan Inu, Bryce Poisel and Tim Dengate have been named as “foreign nationals” who will be deposed, possibly in Australia, for the lawsuit.

The alleged victim claims Hayne raped her while he was living in the US in 2015 and playing NFL for the San Francisco 49ers.

“After an evening out with mutual friends in San Jose, California, plaintiff alleges that she was sexually assaulted by defendant at his residence,” the lawyers wrote.

“Defendant denies this allegation.” The lawyers told the court the parties attended unsuccessful mediation talks on May 14.

“The parties may conduct a second attempt at mediation after some discovery has been conducted,” the lawyers wrote.

The legal teams also indicated they will arrange for forensic testing of certain items seized by the San Jose Police Department in its criminal investigation.

San Jose police, after undertaking their investigation, declined to charge Hayne.

Hayne’s accuser is seeking “monetary damages” although the amount has yet to be disclosed.

“Plaintiff has provided available damage calculations and will supplement as soon as she receives additional information regarding such disclosures,” the joint case management filing states.

The woman alleges she was a virgin and drunk when she met Hayne at a San Jose bar in 2015.

They caught an Uber to his apartment and he sexually assaulted her.

Hayne has rejected the woman’s claims and alleged she “willingly engaged in sexual interaction that did not include sexual intercourse”.

A proposed court schedule indicates the trial might not be held until late 2019 or in 2020.

“The parties differ on the number of days needed for trial,” the lawyers also wrote.

“Plaintiff anticipates the trial needing no more than five days where the defendant anticipates a trial by jury of 7-8 days in length excluding jury selection.” Both sides are represented by high-profile US lawyers experienced in rape trials involving sports stars.

The alleged victim’s lawyer is John Clune, who represented a woman who accused Los Angeles Lakers great Kobe Bryant of rape in 2003.

The criminal case was dropped and in a civil suit Bryant settled out of court with the woman.

Hayne is represented by Mark Baute, who successfully defended another NBA star, Derrick Rose, in a rape trial.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...n/news-story/76042544cb11573d4eea7c1e2d509fc9

I didn’t know where to post this but Apprently Hayne isn’t being signed because he is gonna be in a ****load of trouble being released soon

Everyone has known for months he has a rape allegation hanging over his head back in the US that’s nothing new.

Not that I know anything about what happened, but proving an injury that happened during a consensual sex act was anything other than an accident seems bloody hard to prove. People (not me), apparently get up to some freaky stuff during sex, and injuries are probably something that happen and are purely accidental , or so any competent lawyer should be able to successfully argue.

Back