Jake Clifford

Billy

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
That’s a fitting Billy emoji if I’ve ever seen one
It does look a bit like that photo in my profile - who is actually my grandfather's cousin who played 1 game for Queensland against NZ and managed the first Qld side to tour NSW, although the photo is 40 odd years later when he was a trade union official.

jamesgould

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
Staff member
Admin
It does look a bit like that photo in my profile - who is actually my grandfather's cousin who played 1 game for Queensland against NZ and managed the first Qld side to tour NSW, although the photo is 40 odd years later when he was a trade union official.
That’s a cool story! I see there’s a respect list somewhere based on the history of likes on the forum and you’re too dog as well, Billy 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

cowboyman

Andrew 'Joey' Johns
He put his balls on the line to challenge CBM to a dual. If Dragons beat Cowgirls by 13+ CBM goes on a month holiday, if not, Lord goes on a month holiday. Sadly for most Dragons just lost out winning under 13.
More like I challenged him and he dodged a few posts before finally putting his money where his mouth his.

Easiest bet I’ve won in years :lol:

HarVeeGee13

Gavin Hanrahan
Green has stated that there are plenty of people assuming he will retire at the end of this season, but he's never said that himself. It's not a fait accompli.
If he’s still going okay, I’d prefer to keep him on another year than Crossland tbh. Almost a supplement to the coaching staff, and someone who I think will keep Jake honest when it comes to keeping his spot. Provides injury cover for both players, I mean obviously he’s not going to add a lot of lethal attack individually, but he’s good at bringing the best out of players around him. He looked a bit slow and cumbersome on Sunday, but will perhaps be better than the run. I hope he stays at the club till he’s ready to retire and would make an ideal halves coach the day after he hangs up the boots.

Back on Crossland: I remember in the second Cowboys game last year, Blake goes down with the ACL after 17 minutes. Phoenix is on the bench. A guy who’s played all of his junior & NSW Cup football in the halves. What does Adzy do? He moves Kurt to 6 and has Phoenix fill in at 9. If there’s a better illustration of what he thinks of Crossland as a halves prospect, I’m struggling to think of it...

cowboyman

Andrew 'Joey' Johns
Hey CBM what are you sources saying about potential three way deal with McGuire to Dragons, Adam Clune to Cowboys and Clifford to us?
It’s been brought up but not by the guy on the Cowboys forum with inside info.

He said well before Payten confirmed it that McGuire was free to leave. Dragons tried to get him before the New Year but McGuire decided to stick around.

I dare say if that were to happen it will be when Hunt is back for the Dragons and Clune is no longer required as the stop gap.

Patty

Dank memes n' big screens
I mean either way all I said he’s been limited to playing down the left side channel “a lot”, touching the ball way less than he should, which doesn’t play to his strengths. You say he played more predominantly on the right side through juniors, QCup etc and then into grade - which I’m pretty sure isn’t true - but even if it was, all I said was he’s done it “a lot”. Does every game of first grade he’s played between round 7 2020 and round 2 2021 not count as “a lot”? Yeah I’m definitely cherry picking there by pointing at almost all of his first grade game time in the past year...

I’d ease up on the smugness if you’re gonna be this wildly off-base mate.
Lord is that you????

Owey

Darren Treacy
Hey CBM what are you sources saying about potential three way deal with McGuire to Dragons, Adam Clune to Cowboys and Clifford to us?
That's the rumour from the mole, says dragons will wait for Hunt to come back before releasing Clune, then Clifford can join us. However, if he is to be believed, Clifford doesn't want to come here at all, let alone early. Anyway....I don't know what that achieves for Clune. He is next cab off the rank at saints, as he will probably be at the cowboys as they seek a big name half.

Owey

Darren Treacy
And true to Mole form, the first Clune knew about a swap was when some family members read the mile article. I think we can call this one debunked.

HarVeeGee13

Gavin Hanrahan
I can’t believe The Mole bullshitted us...

He also said Clifford just asked to be released from his Cowboys deal, less than a week after publishing that he tried to get out of the Knights deal... The Mole would never lie so both those things must have happened. This indecisiveness does not bode well.

Treadly

Shane Christensen
I can’t believe The Mole bullshitted us...

He also said Clifford just asked to be released from his Cowboys deal, less than a week after publishing that he tried to get out of the Knights deal... The Mole would never lie so both those things must have happened. This indecisiveness does not bode well.
I hope you're being ultra sarcastic