Jake Clifford discussion

Do you have any facts around this? I really would prefer not to get the forum into trouble for slandering people.
There are none. AOB said he had some problems with his preparation then people have taken it much further from there and attributing it to gossip around town. Jake and his wife were at the game on Saturday which would be strange if half the things said on the forum were true.

There are none. AOB said he had some problems with his preparation then people have taken it much further from there and attributing it to gossip around town. Jake and his wife were at the game on Saturday which would be strange if half the things said on the forum were true.
As far as I can see, the only thing that's been said is that his wife doesn't like living in Newcastle.
That's not good for us, but it's not exactly a slur on her. Most people in Australia would nod their head and say "of course, who would want to live there."

Of course there’s none. So please stop with the made up BS @KnightsUnite

Yeah cause he is going to say in an interview "My wife left me and went home"

“Hey HIT 106.9 wants to do a player interview, who should we tell them to talk to?”
“Let’s go with the player whose wife just left him I reckon. Maybe they’ll ask about it and he’ll have a breakdown on air or something, wouldn’t that be funny?”

Goose.

If you only knew who my boss was lol
I don’t really care, you can’t just go posting this stuff. If someone has a problem with it and gets lawyers involved it’s the whole site that goes down.

Let’s just keep player’s personal lives out of it, at least until it’s reported in the media.

I don't think anyone suggested they have split up? Plenty of families have to live in different places because of work commitments.
First time mum wanting to be close to her support networks is the least controversial thing you will read all day.
They haven't split up, who said that???

Homesick is the key word here, time will tell what happens, in the meantime no one is spreading rumors or bs its a conversation about a player we all wish the best for.

I don’t really care, you can’t just go posting this stuff. If someone has a problem with it and gets lawyers involved it’s the whole site that goes down.

Let’s just keep player’s personal lives out of it, at least until it’s reported in the media.
Billy reported it not me

PM Sent

Billy reported it not me
Sort of.
I "reported it" as a rumour I'd heard from a pretty unreliable source, and it quickly took on a life of it's own.

It might have even started with that podcast you put up where Jake talks about his family being on holiday in NQ and people added 2 and 2 and got 22.

A couple of things....

James is not heavy handed as a moderator and lets conversation and discussion flow - one of the most appealing features of this site, having the good name that it does and is seeing the membership grow

James is time poor but dedicates incalculable effort and commitment (and no doubt some of his own money) to make this forum that way

I think we'd all concur that the general tone of the discussion has not been to denigrate or be unfeeling towards Jake and his family BUT that isn't the point

James has identified a risk that has potentially serious ramifications for the site AND more importantly for him as a the principal moderator of this platform if any sort of legal intervention was to occur

James could just delete posts that create that potential problem as an easy answer to mitigate that risk BUT he doesn't - he treats members as sensible adults and respectfully asks forum members to self moderate their posts and accept the voluntary boundaries he has identified

I don't think it is too much to ask that we respect and accept these boundaries when they are requested to keep this forum as the best place to engage with fellow Knights tragics on the web

Last edited:
Cliff will be back bigger and better in the 7 jersey partnering Milford very shortly. It's going to make for a hell of a back end of the year when our spine is back together: 1. Ponga (91), 6. Milford (193), 7. Clifford (63) & 9. Brailey (95) which is 442 games of NRL experience all up compared to round 1/first 10 rounds of; 1. Ponga (91), 6. Clifford (63), 7. Clune (33) & 9. Randall (22) which is only 209 NRL games of experience.... this is a massive change to our squad

I think Clifford is a natural seven and takes most of the responsibility naturally anyway. But you now have a guy who has now crumbled under pressure who has said all along he is a six. A bit fraught putting A Johns' old jersey on his back. The alternative is giving Milford the seven that weighed him down so heavily at the broncs. I love the thought of that spine, but Obi is going to have to perform some serious mental gymnastics to get this to work. Probably give Clifford the six jersey and tell him to play his natural game and Milford the seven but tell him to concentrate on running and let Cliff organise. Just don't tell them within earshot of each other.

The other thing I'd be pointing out to Cliffo now is that if the playmaker is the guy who makes the bed, you wouldn't be picking pillows the size of the Saf brothers, so they've got to stop playing they are. Get him to rev them up a bit. It also helps him realise that if they aren't pushing off the back fence, his job is so much harder.

Back