Jackson Hastings

Knightly Member

Greg Smith
This is exactly the crazy takes I'm talking about.
Pearce would have won the the Dally M medal in 2018 if he didn't tear his pec and he went pretty good in 2019 too. I will be absolutely shocked if Hastings gets anywhere near that level of performance.
And at least Pearce got moved on by a good team and replaced by a proven champion, literally the worst team in the comp didn't want Hastings and preferred Luke Brooks! You can argue the wisdom of the that, but it happened.

HarVeeGee13

Tony Butterfield
Doieihi is a very good player, they will be left red faced if Moses doesn’t sign with them.

Yeah he’s really good, if a bit injury prone, and coming off a bad season. Created and scored tries for fun in 2021.

One weird area in which I’m iffy on KP moving to 6 is that we know Doueihi is on the market in 2024, he’ll be gettable (I saw a report that his manager is shopping him asking for about $900K, which is a bit high with his injury history, no one will pay that), and we already have on the books a guy who’s kind of an ALDI Doueihi in Tyson Gamble. I thought Hastings and Doueihi linked up pretty well in their limited game time together, and I think if we pursued Doueihi we could transition him pretty smoothly into our side.

Probably seems like I have a hard on for Tigers spine players at this point lol. I reckon they’ve had some good ones! It’s the rest of the team which is the worry, and the Tigers are probably the only team we could poach from where they’d be coming into a better situation 😂

Lord of the Skraelings

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
I must be the only one who thought Gamble when he had a ran with the Bronco's was solid if not spectacular.

Without a ready made fullback I'd be going:

1. Ponga.
6. Gamble.
7. Hastings.
9. Brailey.

Let Ponga chime in infrequently and let him concentrate on his running game.

Billy

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
I must be the only one who thought Gamble when he had a ran with the Bronco's was solid if not spectacular.

Without a ready made fullback I'd be going:

1. Ponga.
6. Gamble.
7. Hastings.
9. Brailey.

Let Ponga chime in infrequently and let him concentrate on his running game.
I thought Gamble pulled off a lot of individual plays that were very impressive, but didn't work as a team player.
Unless we can change him into a team player, I think he would be best as an impact player off the bench at either hooker or lock with a free hand to make something for himself.

Les Misérables

Charlie McAlister
A lot of chat about Mitch Moses meeting with Tigers officials & also that they’ve re-signed Luke Brooks - who’s still one of Mitch’s best mates.

This is the basic explanation for why they were happy to lose Hastings. They’ve put everything in the Moses basket and everyone else is expendable if they don’t contribute to that goal. Hastings leaving now, Brooks taking a pay cut and letting Doueihi walk gives them the cap space to make an offer he can’t refuse, while still being able to afford Bateman. Obviously I’d pick Mitch over Jackson too, but we don’t have a shot, Sydney boy through and through, especially if Wests can clear the space to give him the biggest annual salary in the history of the game.

Good odds that Doueihi ends up with the Bulldogs to form the world’s tallest halves combination with Burton.
Spot on.

Doueihi is an absolute gun. If Burton can do a job at 7 they'll have a hell of a team next year

slotmachine

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
I think the Dogs might end up with George Williams for some reason.

Doueihi is prone to having a sulk when he doesn't get what he wants, but maybe that's just a consequence of playing for the joke of a club that is the Tigers.

HarVeeGee13

Tony Butterfield
Yeah I’ve noticed that with Doueihi, that’s maybe even a bigger reservation than the injury thing. Really packed it in towards the end of this season.

Billy

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
If we still have a no ****heads policy, and Parr seemed to say we did in his first interview, I don't think Douehi passes the test.

Owey

Todd Bates
As much as he's got a head everyone wants to pound, I think Gamble is actually the least dheadish of all our signings.