I AM CALLING IT EARLY KNIGHTS TO FINISH TOP 4!

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Discussion' started by Lord of the Skraelings, Dec 31, 2019.

?

YES YOUR RIGHT, OR NO, NO MORE GOON!

1. YES YOUR RIGHT!

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. NO MORE GOON NO

9 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. Ak-47

Ak-47 Peter Malcolm

Being abit optimistic but top 6 for me, only team in NRL I can see with no major changes to team apart from Bailey which be a welcome one.
    That's one thing Knights have advantage over other clubs this year plus new coach which is a plus I believe, Brown for all the good in recruiting and getting Knights out of a messy roster did deflect a lot of losses/ bad game plans away. Which feels it like reflected a lot on players performance especially on the back end on last season.
    I think Broncos and Sharkies( seems to be some drama going on there) 2 teams that dropout of 8 this year. Not sure how Rorters go without Cronk awsell.

2. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Timana Tahu

We could have been top 4 last season, if we didn't ruin our start, and our finish to the season was truly horrible, we could have easily been right up there. We had one of the easiest draws in the comp last season, do again this season.

If the boys can't get themselves motivated every game and get their chit together this season, new coach, new vibe at the club etc, I can't see a premiership happening for a long time.

3. R_A

R_A Timana Tahu

Broncos and Sharks basically Stephen Bradbury'd their way to the last two spots. We were better then them for periods of the year (including beating them) but stunk up after Origin. We would have made a better effort in the Finals had we played the Eagles or Eels, and not gotten beaten 58-0 lmao.

Ak-47 likes this.
  4. Ak-47

Ak-47 Peter Malcolm

That's it mate the Ponga 5/8th experiment didn't work and went on for too many weeks, that's one mistake the coach did last year, just cant start bad otherwise playing catch ups on points for the rest of the season.
    I like how the new coach is like Ponga is fullback, Watson is utility and Mann 5/8th (which he was in the 5 game winning streak we had)
    We just had too many 5/8ths and hookers last year once we had ppl playing in the right positions for long periods together we had good attacking flow lead by Pearce.
    And like you said if that's not enough to make the 8 this year then that's sadly it.

Kurriboy likes this.
  5. danknights

danknights Ben Kennedy

We are all hoping to see team performance rather then individuals trying to turn the game upside down. We need them in key moments not every play.

6. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

It's probably still too soon to say, but after the 9s I'm really starting to think that all the usual pre season hype might have some substance his year.
    So many of the young guys looked better than my highest hopes for them at this stage, so I'm really keen to see if the older guys have also been able to make big strides in what seems to have been our best ever off season, with very few glitches from injury or controversy undermining our efforts.
    It feels like everything is coming together perfectly.

7. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    Hard not to get excited our forward pack is rock solid, Pearce is in his prime years, Ponga should surely bounce back and Brailey will be outstanding.

Best coaching staff we've had since the false prophet.

Lots of ducks in rows.

8. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

There’s been too many false dawns to get excited yet. Let’s talk in a few months time.

9. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    But I've called it early DAMN IT!

10. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

I’ve been burnt way too many times by this team. Gotta be cautious.

11. Lefty

Lefty Todd Bates

Retired
    We have had to endure a truckload of disappointments since the 2001 grand final.

12. Ethan

Ethan Tony Butterfield

What does caution get you in this situation ..Nothing...Go big or go home , Obrien wins the comp on first attempt as head coach and we smash Melbourne in the Grand Final 36 to 12.

Battler, knightime and Beaumont like this.
  13. Beaumont

Beaumont Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Muscle checking and manipulation of greyhounds.
    If you don't have hope then most things including following a footy team becomes pointless.

Battler, Ethan and knightime like this.
  14. knightime

knightime Steve Crowe

Plenty of reason to be optimistic this year. I feel better about this year than any other year I can recall.

15. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Timana Tahu

I said that last year. This year I am refusing to get my hopes up. I will wait and see what happens over the first 5 rounds.

16. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Mark Hughes

I care where we finish, the higher the better but I wish the season would just get started, I’m thinking 8 is more realistic than 4, would be over the moon if in top 4 though.

17. Owey

Owey Robbie O'Davis

I'd be happy to be the first team to win it from 8th

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

18. Battler

Battler Dave Woods

We finished one win out of the eight last year with a better for-and-against than some of the teams above us, even though we **** the bed late and were (apparently) poorly coached.

Who behind us is going to improve enough to leap us? I say no one (talking to you #cowboyman)

Broncs, Sharks, Tigers, Rabbits and Manly could all slide.

Barring critical injuries, I'd be devo if we don't finish in the eight, and don't see why top 6 (even 4) shouldn't be realistic goal.

19. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Kurt Gidley said the other day that top 8 should be the minimum we are aiming for this year.

20. Battler

Battler Dave Woods

Absolutely. I reckon top 6 is reasonable.