I AM CALLING IT EARLY KNIGHTS TO FINISH TOP 4!

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Discussion' started by Lord of the Skraelings, Dec 31, 2019.

?

YES YOUR RIGHT, OR NO, NO MORE GOON!

1. YES YOUR RIGHT!

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  2. NO MORE GOON NO

9 vote(s)
    81.8%
  1. KnightsUnite

KnightsUnite Cameron Ciraldo

God Pearce and Mullen combo would have been sweet to watch

2. Rob

Rob Steve Southern

How will we fit all 3 in the halves? God will have to play 13

Wobbles likes this.
  3. Beaumont

Beaumont Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Muscle checking and manipulation of greyhounds.
    There was a period there where every time he got the ball up the opposition end we looked a chance of scoring. Shame he was a knob jockey.

R_A and slotmachine like this.
  4. Beaumont

Beaumont Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Muscle checking and manipulation of greyhounds.
    No God retired with a neck injury in 2007.

Wobbles, R_A, EASBay17 and 5 others like this.
  5. relicorange94

relicorange94 Justin Holbrook

Mai-Wel
    He forgot to put a comma in after god.

6. Still_Nutty

Still_Nutty Adrian Bubb

I think this statement gives me a clear voting line in the poll above now:lol:

BUT - this thread has developed some redeeming features because the flow of the posting conversation seems to clearly replicate the state the original poster was in when hit 'Create Thread'...that is a serious power!

So I say "more power to you Lord! Drink more and post more!" (But I still don't think you're right about top 4 :))

7. Simon Templar

Simon Templar Dean Carney

Project Manager
    The big question is who needs to under perform for us to move up the ladder and what about the teams behind us that will grow another leg this year due to recruitment or attitude adjustment ??

8. Ethan

Ethan Ben Kennedy

Yeah well we will be one of those teams that grows another leg , so the ones behind us can eat our dust the ones in front better watch there backs because we will be chewing on them .

9. Mr Goanna

Mr Goanna hung up on the glory days

:lol: not a hope in hell! 13th I reckon, maybe 14th.

10. Ethan

Ethan Ben Kennedy

So you think we will go worse under Obrien than we did with Brown for the last two years ...Then why the hell did we get rid of Brown if he did better than you think Obrien will do , may as well sack Obrien now then .

11. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    O'Brien for mine Ethan is facing a pretty big task running much the same stable as Browny had. Time will tell but I would expect 2020 to be a year of the old 'rebuilding' excuse. I will be thrilled to be wrong.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
  12. Matty23

Matty23 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

O’Brien said when he first got here we’re not rebuilding anymore. We’ve been there and done that. It’s now time to pull the finger out and perform.

Beaumont and Ethan like this.
  13. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    If you believe that Matty23 I gotta cheap harbour bridge ready for sale!

A coach is only as good as the cattle in his barn and not much has changed.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
  14. danknights

danknights Ben Kennedy

If 1 cow goes in the right direction. All will follow eventually. We need all the cattle on the same page to be a threat.

Simon Templar likes this.
  15. Ethan

Ethan Ben Kennedy

Im not worried about the talent we have now, as long as there bodies are as fit as they need to be and there minds are in the right place .
    They showed last year that they can play good footy starting with the first 5 or 6 games that we lost by 10 points all up .
    Then they played 7 games where it all looked so easy that they had me thinking top four .
    They have the skill imo its head space that made them go to pieces . I don't care what caused it as long as its not the same now and it shouldn't be with Obrien here .
    From 1 to 7 we have talent speed and power especially if the side is 1 Ponga 2 Lee 3 Best 4 Moga 5 Hunt 6 Mann/Lino/Crossland 7 Pearce.
    Our forwards can do the job too when they want to so again week in week out good head space and we will go well .
    Im really looking forward to watching Ese,ese and Jacob this season. Ese,ese Looks and sounds happy and ready to go I think he could be anything and Jacob imo is at least as good as his brother but circumstances have stopped him from showing it enough but he now has no excuses and I think he's capable of being right there with our best .

Wobbles likes this.
  16. danknights

danknights Ben Kennedy

D saf was good in patches. Can't be that if he wants to keep his nsw jersey. If d saf and the benches could produce 80% of klems work rate we will do well.

Ethan likes this.
  17. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Timana Tahu

I'm approaching this season with an "I will believe it when I see it" mantra.

Having said that, our problems are 90% mental. If O'Brien can get the team playing with a good attitude and with the right mindset then we will be a threat to any team.

We only missed out on finals last year by a few wins and some of the efforts turned out by the team last year were embarrassing, we lack that mental edge to compete hard every week for the win, no matter the opposition. We shouldn't be lifting for a tough game and slumping against lower teams. The top teams, play consistently well every week no matter who they play.

That is O'Brien's biggest challenge at the Knights. Managing the teams mental side to be "up for this one" every week.

Simon Templar likes this.
  18. Wobbles

Wobbles Evan Cochrane

The Roosters certainly didn't play like back-to-back premiers when we thrashed them last year :giggle:

But yep, consistency plus a bit of luck absolutely go a long way to a top 4 finish.

19. Simon Templar

Simon Templar Dean Carney

Project Manager
    [QUOTE="member 2299, post: 525392, member:

A coach is only as good as the cattle in his barn and not much has changed.[/QUOTE]

This team had the opportunity to dig further than they did last year - until backroom politics undermined everything.

For mine with a renewed belief in themselves and the support of all around them , a tougher mental attitude they could be anything.

Where they finish is anyone guess as long as they compete for 80mins across the board , I will be content.

20. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    Would love to know what happened for Brown to lose the dressing room so badly, not a matter of changing game plans or such, we literally just stopped trying.