Funny things that have happened around NRL players after you met them

Discussion in 'General Rugby League' started by James Bluntus, Mar 5, 2012.

1. James Bluntus

James Bluntus Russell Wyer

Student
    I have a strange one. When I went and saw a Centurions game last year against the Sharks at Morry Breen, Wes and Junior Sau were sitting directly in front of me! Got speaking to them, and the day after, on the Sunday against Manly, Wes picked up an injury and Sau got a Neck injury.

2. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

Well nothing funny happened to any players i've met but there have been funny moments, like at the 2011 member's launch my Mum was waving to Ryan Stig then went up to him & said "Hello Steve" thinking it was Steve Simpson lol. And Wes just rides bikes everywhere around my house like every week, i have no idea why it is funny, but it just is for some reason haha.

3. josh2010

josh2010 Up The Knights!!!!! Staff Member Moderator

Hmmm Met Jamal Idris and got him to sign my NSW Jersey even though he never played before then that year he gets named. Does that count? :D

4. U23

U23 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Back when Tahu was playing for the Eels I got him to sign the back of the Knights training singlet that I was wearing...... Now he's back with us.

Or is that too much of a stretch, haha?

5. James Bluntus

James Bluntus Russell Wyer

Student
    Bit too much lol, considering he took the route of the Panthers to get here lol.

Yeah that counts haha.

6. fj182

fj182 Paul Rauhihi

lol This is a very niche topic

7. Joey

Joey Newcastle since 1997

I was getting autographs from the Melbourne players once - on a poster and my NSW jersey, as I was wearing it at the time - and Billy Slater signed the poster, then looked at the jersey and said "You sure you want me to sign that one, buddy?" But he did anyway. :)

8. Matty23

Matty23 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

I asked Cooper Vuna for a Knights girl's package of stuff they were handing out at the trial in Port in 2010.
    He said "They are for girls, mate." And I replied with "It's for my sister". :lol:

9. fj182

fj182 Paul Rauhihi

That was nice of slater.

10. John

John George Mann

Accountant
    saw con mika , kaufasi and tafua last year got there signature and now there gone

11. Smitty_56

Smitty_56 Nathan Ross

school
    at this years members launch, uate asked me if i had got any valentines roses, and i said na(because i got dumped the week before lol) did u get any? and he said yeah i had to get some before i got here so i wouldnt get in trouble from my wife haha