Interchange (two to be omitted):
14 Thomas Leuluai
15 Frank-Paul Nuuausala
16 Iosia Soliola
17 Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
18 Kieran Foran
19 Ben Matulino

Last edited:
Happy with that NZ side, good to see Moimoi in there, and Blair starting, and well done Junior Sau on retaining his spot!

Australia looks light in the backrow and on the bench. Kiwis will need to improve from their match against Tonga by a fair bit, but I'm confident they can upset Australia!

Happy with that NZ side, good to see Moimoi in there, and Blair starting, and well done Junior Sau on retaining his spot!

Australia looks light in the backrow and on the bench. Kiwis will need to improve from their match against Tonga by a fair bit, but I'm confident they can upset Australia!

Light in the backrow ? :lol:

We have two on the bench.

NZ side would be epic if guys like Inu, Eastwood, Mannering and Taia were in the team.

Light in the backrow ? :lol:

We have two on the bench.

Light as in not very good players.

No Brent Webb?

He hardly played this year through his long term injury and by his own admission wasn't all that good when he did return. He'll be a chance next year if he can return to top form, I'd say.

They are dumb***es for not picking Taia in the side.

He's having his shoulder reconstructed ... the one he injured playing for the Knights? Why would the Kiwis select a player who can't even play? Id' say it's a smart non-selection.

NZ would be gun with Tuaki, Vatuvei, Inu, Sau, Perrett in the backline. They would put up a good battle against the Australian Backline IMO

Taking ur comment on light = not that good, have a closer look at the NZ bench! not much experience there. Young talent yes, but stacking the bench with players like that is a bit of a gamble, and makes the side look weaker. Leuluia and soliola both have experience at the international level, but are still only 23 and 24. FPN is 22, and the others like 19-20, with little NRL experience, let alone big-game experience.

on the Australia side, Ben Creagh is a better player then Hoffman IMO, and did enough in the Origin series and throughout the year to get a spot in the side, but instead doesnt even make the squad.

Last edited:
Taking ur comment on light = not that good, have a closer look at the NZ bench! not much experience there. Young talent yes, but stacking the bench with players like that is a bit of a gamble, and makes the side look weaker. Leuluia and soliola both have experience at the international level, but are still only 23 and 24. FPN is 22, and the others like 19-20, with little NRL experience, let alone big-game experience.

True, just because I don't rate the Australian bench doesn't mean I rate the NZ one! haha.

Leuluai should definitely get picked. I'd just as sooner Soliola get left off though. That leaves three inexperienced forwards ... it will be up to the starting forward pack to do a lot of work for the Kiwis.

Kearney is definitely trying to build for the next World Cup with this squad ... just strange that Pettybourne isn't there, because he'd definitely command a place on that bench. But the squad's been selected now, nothing that can be done about that ...

The whole Australian pack is pretty rubbish tbh
I mean an unfit Petero and average players like Waterhouse and White aswell as inexperienced guys like Hannant they will probably struggle.

Why was Ryan Hoffman chosen he didnt even make origin. Maybe he could come off the bench but in the starting side. Hes still a good player but what about HIndmarsh. Gallen should be starting at lock. Good team though.

Interesting that Wynne isn't there, he was the catalyst for their only half decent performance in the World Cup, before his injury.

Your boy James Wynne has been called up & will start a halfback against England. Nicholas Piquemal has also been called into the squad with injuries to Cyril Stacul & Maxime Greseque while Casey McGuire pulled out last week.

Anyone else up for the game today? Spose I'm with the underdogs France, cmon you arrogant Frenchies!

France up 12-4 after 20 minutes ... very interesting. Would be a good thing for NZ if France won, as well!

Back