FIRST LOOK: 2014 Knights Away Jersey

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Discussion' started by Junior11, Dec 21, 2013.

1. danielyou56

danielyou56 1997 & 2001...

that jersey vs bulldogs home jersey would be interesting to see compared

2. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

Doesn't seem to be, all the 9s jerseys that have come out have the 9s logo on them, this one has the NRL logo on it so it must be the away. Can't wait to see it on a player though, they tend to look better fitted properly on a player.

3. Hamish171

Hamish171 Adam Woolnough

Learning
    Why all the hate? It looks pretty good I reckon besides that point. I thought our current away jersey is a little bland and I don't like it that much but this is a fresh change :)

4. Nuke

Nuke George Mann

Is it definitely the alternate jersey? It's not the Nines jersey, because, as others have said, there's no Nines logo on it like all the other NRL clubs' Nines jerseys have, but could it be a heritage jersey?
    It's not anyone's favourite jersey from the past 27yrs surely, but it is pretty much a jersey that we have had in the past, so it constitutes being called a heritage jersey. The Warriors did this a few years ago, bringing back an uncommonly-used alternate jersey from their past (their red one). I think most of us would prefer the 'Henny Penny' jersey as a heritage (or main ... just sayin'!!), but it's just a thought that this may in fact just be the heritage jersey for 2014.

In fact, I'd suggest more people would prefer the 2001 premiership-winning jersey make a return as a heritage before this white version of it.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
  5. Joel

Joel Touche...

I'm a pretty big fan of this jersey mainly due to being a previous design. But I do agree that we probably should of used the vertical striped away jersey from 2002 as it matches with our current jersey nicely.

Yet again this picture is from our finals loss to the Roosters in 2002, which was even more painful :(
    f2-32.jpg
    I'm sure this would of been a lot more popular.

6. Hamish171

Hamish171 Adam Woolnough

Learning
    8 people who have posted love/like it while the other 8 people who have posted are indifferent about it or hate it. Very mixed responses from this thread :lol:

7. Junior11

Junior11 Moderator Moderator

Nah it's not definite, just the tag on the jersey said it was and it has the NRL logo on it so it's almost certain it will be. But you're right, it could be a heritage jersey, I'd be much happier if it was. I'm just not really liking it as our main away strip for the next 2 years.

I reckon it'd look great having our away jersey match our home like in the 2002 example Joel posted but just modernise it.

hjhjhj.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

One this is for sure, we better have blue shorts no matter what the jersey ends up looking like. I hate the white on white.

8. turtonrd

turtonrd Dave Woods

I think that jersey ^ would probably get lots of complaints about having too much white. You'll never please everyone, but I think considering how great our home strip is, even if you dislike the away strip you can't be too unhappy overall.

9. Joey

Joey Newcastle since 1997

I like the jersey, and I like the idea of using a previous design. But I would prefer the 2000-02 away jersey to make a comeback if we were to use an old one.
    And I would absolutely love the 2001-04 home design to be used as a heritage jersey!

10. cowboyman

cowboyman Tony Butterfield

Hospitality
    Not a fan of the new away jersey. Like someone else said I don't get why you have to have the V shape in the design. The one used this year was a lot better imo.

11. Hamish171

Hamish171 Adam Woolnough

Learning
    The only thing that was terrible about that jersey was that putrid grey colour. The jersey wouldn't of been half bad if it was white.

12. Junior11

Junior11 Moderator Moderator

Yeah agreed, if it was white with blue shorts it'd of actually been one of my favourite aways. I like really basic away jerseys.

13. Jekk

Jekk Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus Staff Member Admin

Baublier
    Can I ask does anyone not like our current away jersey?

14. Hamish171

Hamish171 Adam Woolnough

Learning
    I like our current away jersey but this new one I like more :)

15. danielyou56

danielyou56 1997 & 2001...

i thought last years was good but(even though it could be improved a little) this one just has something about it that's cool and it's so different from our usual looking jerseys which makes it even more cooler to me.

16. Nuke

Nuke George Mann

I'm in the minority it seems. I loved the grey alternate jersey a few years ago. The shorts needed to be blue and red, but the jersey I loved. Still do.

I made this up a few months ago when I learned we were getting a new alternate jersey. It combines the alternate jersey from the past couple of years with our current main jersey.

[​IMG]

17. Dave

Dave Brian Quinton

Payroll Officer
    this x 1million.
    blue shorts can offset a lot of white and we must use that to our advantage.

also, as for the jersey.. like it. not as much as last season.
    really need to see 13 fitted jerseys with shorts on the field together to make a true evaluation though.

18. Joel

Joel Touche...

The point on the back!?!

19. Afro Zac

Afro Zac Todd Bates

No matter how hard I try, I can't get rid of the thought of a bulldogs jersey with a bit of red, probably look worse with blue shorts as well.

20. fj182

fj182 Paul Rauhihi

The point on the front doesnt bother me, but the one on the back looks like a tail lol