17. Makahesi Makatoa

18. Ryan Matterson
19. Oregon Kaufusi
20. Tom Opacic
21. Jake Arthur​

Last edited:

Billy

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
Last time I went to a Newcastle v Parra final it was 2 weeks after the 11/9/2001 attack on the twin towers, there were over 90k people there, and someone thought it was a good idea to land a huge helicopter in the middle of the ground and have everyone **** themselves before the game.

Battler

Jason Moodie
Last time I went to a Newcastle v Parra final it was 2 weeks after the 11/9/2001 attack on the twin towers, there were over 90k people there, and someone thought it was a good idea to land a huge helicopter in the middle of the ground and have everyone **** themselves before the game.

Self-indulgent, but I was there as a young man that day/night.

Good times.

Billy

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
The coach looked like a relieved man at the most recent press conference.
He has tiptoed a very fine line for the last 6 weeks of getting the guys to play a very tough brand of footy to basically shut down other sides and grind out a win, while also keeping an eye on the finals and resting guys and giving people like Pearce, Friz and Dan extra weeks to get over injury, just to make sure we have as good a shot at the finals as possible.
Looking back on it, he has really given us a very good chance to play our best game of the year right when we have to.
We name the best team of the year tomorrow, and he's managed to have them all in pretty good shape as well.

Treadly

Andrew Tangata-Toa
The beat them up at their goal line in defence gets me pretty excited.

Decent attack at the other end and anything could happen.

slotmachine

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
I don't have that much confidence they can fix the attack by next year, let alone next week. I guess the result will confirm if the coach has just been blowing smoke with all the stuff he says.

Best case scenario is we beat them up, control the ball and field position really well denying them the chance to attack our edges, and scrape home 16-14 or something.

jamesgould

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
Staff member
Admin
I don't have that much confidence they can fix the attack by next year, let alone next week. I guess the result will confirm if the coach has just been blowing smoke with all the stuff he says.
He does seem to always be under the impression that we are a great side that's just waiting to click. And it will "hopefully be next week".

Last year it was the Canberra win and Penrith NSW Cup roster game that gave him faith ... this year the injuries at the start of the season have him believing.

I think we need divine intervention vs Parra.

Ethan

Jarrod Mullen
We haven't played anywhere near our potential and yet we've gotten into the finals two years in a row , with what we had before that im happy. If we win one more game and im very happy , two games and im ecstatic .
Realisticly were not going to beat the Storm or Penrith anyway so go as hard as you can and as long as you can , have a rest and then get ready to be better again next season .
Imo we will be too.

packo

:) (:
I really think Gagai will help our attack as far as shape. Let’s not forget Ponga is kind of becoming a big game player and only really looks interested when he needs too. I can’t think of a big game where he’s played poorly.

He needs to be better in the in goal. That will be identified and they will go to it.

our shape looks really good until Best catches the ball, would like to see him catch it straighter and draw the man. It’s not far away.