Ex Knights that are juniors in the NRL

Seu Seu was a Newcastle boy through and through. Grew up with him, very nice as a kid but easily got caught up with the wrong people at times.

It's a shame he hasn't lived up to his potential. 2006-07 he looked like he was going to be a world beater. His first game in first grade was probably his best, for us, at least.

I always thought seu seu had potential too. dont know where it went wrong for him, looked promising in 2007.

Here's my 100% local Newcastle team of current players.

1. Kurt Gidley (c)
2. Luke Burt
3. Jamal Idris
4. Greg Inglis
5. Timana Tahu
6. Brett Finch
7. Jarrod Mullen
8. Kade Snowden
9. Michael Ennis
10. Dane Tilse
11. Anthony Tupou
12. Willie Mason
13. Greg Bird

14. Luke Walsh
15. Matthew White
16. Josh Perry
17. Mark Taufua

Great looking team of Newcastle & Hunter products there. We'd probably win the comp with that haha, especially like the look of the backrow.

Last edited:
Here's my 100% local Newcastle team of current players.

1. Kurt Gidley (c)
2. Luke Burt
3. Jamal Idris
4. Greg Inglis
5. Timana Tahu
6. Brett Finch
7. Jarrod Mullen
8. Kade Snowden
9. Michael Ennis
10. Dane Tilse
11. Anthony Tupou
12. Willie Mason
13. Greg Bird

14. Luke Walsh
15. Matthew White
16. Josh Perry
17. Mark Taufua

Great looking team of Newcaslt & Hunter products there. We'd probably win the somp with that haha, especially like the look of the backrow.

Luke Burt ? . No Uate

I wasn't sure if Uate counted. He was born in Fiji & came over pretty early to play on the Central Coast.

Tim Browne.

Not sure if he actually played HM/SG Ball for Knights but from the area then picked up by Canterbury via Manly.

Jonathan Wright is also from the area. Jonathan Ford also played lower grades at the knights, and his play an NRL game or two at the Roosters.

awesome! looks like this is what tinkler plans for the future, maybe not for these current guys but to keep the knights talent in newcastle, im so proud of our region for producing this talent, we should have atleast 2 more premierships! nice team josh.

We do have the massive advantage of having a big area compared with most other clubs (especially the Sydney teams) in order to produce so many top players.

Would be great to see more stick around but I believe the salary cap will prevent us from ever having a team full of local boys

Would be great to see more stick around but I believe the salary cap will prevent us from ever having a team full of local boys

Why can't we have a full team of local boys? Sure we may not be able to keep every superstar but surely the journeyman and second string players could come from the Hunter region also?

I saw a post on an article at the Newcastle Herald this week saying to get rid of some player coz he's not from Newcastle, then it said to get rid of Tolar coz he's rubbish!

Gosh some people are thick!

I saw a post on an article at the Newcastle Herald this week saying to get rid of some player coz he's not from Newcastle, then it said to get rid of Tolar coz he's rubbish!

Gosh some people are thick!

Probably the same people who deathrode Brian Smith, and Rick Stone for different reasons which contradicted with each other anyway heh

Terrence Seu Seu played with Mullen, Walsh, Paterson and Greg Inglis in the Newcastle Wests juniors before joining the Knights.
I saw an article on his father, Marty Luilisu (wrong spelling), in the Newcastle Herald a few days ago. Marty still plays Rugby at a high level in the Newcastle comp, and Terrence and his dad got to play a few games of League together for Kurri once.

Anyway, Terrence was the fullback in our 2004 SG Ball grandfinal winning side and did his medial ligament in 2005. When he came back in 2006 he had lost a bit of pace and was no longer up to playing fullback, but the team was short of a hooker because a really good hooker named Berry dropped out during the pre season, so Rip Taylor gave Terrence a shot at playing hooker, and the rest is history. He went on to be our best player in the 2006 Flegg grandfinal loss and play firstgrade the next year.

If he has the same genes as his dad, he will be super fit and still playing at 43.

---------- Post added at 08:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 AM ----------

Article about Terrence Seu Seu's father.

http://www.theherald.com.au/news/lo...green-lisiua-keen-for-more-glory/2114724.aspx

Back