Enari Tuala discussion

Tuala was our top try scorer with 13 in 2021. We made the finals that year.
I remember he said in an interview about being top try scorer that he basically just had to catch the ball and fall over the line playing outside Best and Ponga.

If Shibasaka got an NRL contract this year, Enari will get one somewhere.
But for us, I think Kyle McCarthy is taller, faster, a lot younger, a better leaper and just needs to get his decision making in defence a bit better and he's an upgrade on less money.
They both play centre or wing on either side of the ground.
We also need a spot for Davey Armstrong if he can't play fullback.

If Shibasaka got an NRL contract this year, Enari will get one somewhere.
But for us, I think Kyle McCarthy is taller, faster, a lot younger, a better leaper and just needs to get his decision making in defence a bit better and he's an upgrade on less money.
They both play centre or wing on either side of the ground.
We also need a spot for Davey Armstrong if he can't play fullback.
Finding spots to play multiple fullbacks out of position has worked very well for NSW over the years.

Finding spots to play multiple fullbacks out of position has worked very well for NSW over the years.
It has certainly worked for Melbourne when they basically had Hughes, Munster and Drinkwater, all junior fullbacks, coming through as Slater finished. Finding spots for two of then in the halves has worked brilliantly. Cronk's take on it is fullbacks are very natural at sensing space and exploiting it.

Armstrong has played as much wing as fullback.
Fullback is his best position, but we have another guy who is a bit ahead of him, so wing and backup fullback is all we can offer - or just do a Nick Meaney and let him go.

Reactions: PTB
If Armstrong keeps playing well could he become too expensive for the Knights? If a club like the Bulldogs were to offer him fullback money might be hard to keep him.

Hopefully we can keep Enari but can definitely see him being picked up elsewhere with how he’s playing.

Would be nice if they could offload Jenkins instead. He really feels like a wasted signing

Back