Edwards steeled for hopping-mad Taylor

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Discussion' started by Newcastle Forever, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Newcastle Forever

Newcastle Forever NEW-CAS-TLE

Baker
  2. Nickwpearce

Nickwpearce Banned

Waste of an article really... Only info worth reading is he refused to say whether he wanted to stay in Newcastle, might not be happy after all

3. Ms.Nobody

Ms.Nobody Banned

He will get steamrolled if he thinks he can stop Dave Taylor.

4. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

Not to worry Taylor had a good game last week against the Panthers(who were missing a heap of players) so if his usual form is anything to go by he'll have a good game in about 2 months. Such an overrated player.

5. Nickwpearce

Nickwpearce Banned

I remember Tahu smashing him when he played for parra was one of the best hits i've ever seen

6. Ethan

Ethan Tony Butterfield

Edwards has lifted the last 3 games and his defence is allmost back to its best , so if anyone in the team can smash Taylor its Edwards. If Taylor does'nt see him coming ala Hayne Eddie will hurt him .

7. Jonno

Jonno The 18th Man

Mining Engineer
    As opposed to thinking he can't?

All he needs is one good shot early in the game, and Taylor will go back into his shell. For a guy his size, he is pretty soft.

Means nothing though, as he wont even run directly at Edwards, he will run at Roberts/Mullen and the centre on that side. He always does.

8. callumtear

callumtear Willie Mason

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

9. Ethan

Ethan Tony Butterfield

So he should i would too and so do most backrowers if they can. Don't worry though Edwards will follow him and even Dave Taylor cant run with Eddie hanging on to his boot lace's

10. Beaumont

Beaumont Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Muscle checking and manipulation of greyhounds.
    Edwards will get credited with a "big shot" no matter what. Off the back of 2 big hits (one when Hayne wasn't looking) Edwards has a reputation of being a "hitman" so much so that even when Loti dropped the ball well before he got to Edwards people are still talking about the shot he(Edwards) put on him. Edwards has an excellent technique but he doesn't hit any harder than most of our forwards and although he might stop Taylor I'll be amazed if he puts a "big shot" on him.

11. CrabMacDougall

CrabMacDougall Scott Carter

Tiquri dropped the ball because Edwards was coming at him full steam. I don't understand all the criticism Edwards cops on this forum. Seems like every season you guys just need someone in our team to bag all year. He is one of our hardest hitters.

12. Ethan

Ethan Tony Butterfield

Me too he is capable of it though, i hope he tackles him around the boot laces and most of his tackles last game were around the boots. Actually Loti dropped the ball because he had a quick look and saw Eddie coming fumbled the ball and got smashed .

13. jamesgould

jamesgould Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus Staff Member Admin

Edwards has justifiably copped some criticism this year, but credit to him, he's stepped it up in our last few games.

He definitely created the error by Tuqiri thanks to the pressure he was putting on him.

14. Beaumont

You conveniently don't mention the part where I mention his excellent technique. You also don't seem to realize almost everyone to a man has acknowledged he has lifted dramatically over the last few games. Anyone who honestly thinks he didn't deserve criticism earlier in the season is either blind or related to the bloke. Loti dropped the ball because he had a big look. He also thew a pass to a team mates boots because he had a big look. Slightly different from dropping the ball because he was smashed.

15. CrabMacDougall

CrabMacDougall Scott Carter

I wasn't singling you out. I was speaking generally. Also, not saying he didn't deserve a bit of criticism. Just saying the way people go on, you would think he was the worst player in the world. Personally, I think you all just miss Ciraldo

16. Beaumont

With Edwards I reckon people were only disappointed and critical because they knew he was capable of better.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I'll hold my hand up as one who was critical of him. He's going a lot better now.

17. knights22

knights22 Sean Rudder

Edwards criticism was deserved, he was playing well below par until a few weeks ago, but something has hit and he's running hard and making good tackles,

18. Ethan

Ethan Tony Butterfield

First bits right .....I to was critical but to his credit he has lifted and i'm even more impressed because most of the time now he's not going for the big hit but tackling around the boots .