David Klemmer discussion

Joshhh

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
David Klemmer.png

Knights player #305
NRL debut: Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs vs North Queensland Cowboys, Round 1 2013
Knights debut: vs Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks, Round 1 2019

too often criticized

This man is consistently one of the NRL big mtr eaters with a huge motor for a large human. I admire him as a player, my only criticism would be the same for all the Knights forwards - nowhere near enough agro. Barny level agro is the minimum.

Strike the fear of god into the bastards and send em down the highway battered and bruised.

Yep goes to show you pure metres aren’t everything, 125 is a low return by his standards, but he played with more venom than he did last year, and if he keeps throwing a few passes a game that will cut down on the instances of him running into a wall of four defenders and slowing down our roll on.

Klem has always been great for us. People just like to make their own scenarios and assumptions based on the rule changes from last season. A lot of players had to adapt to the change, but yet he was still churning out great numbers every week. Glad to see he’s earned that starting spot back. Will only push Jacob and our other forwards even harder which is a win-win for us.

Still, 125m for 45 mins of footy is pretty solid

Oh no doubt, just saying that he’d often get through over 160 in the same time, but with less actual impact on the game. And between Young, Best & Gagai we’ve got some guys who are really excellent at yardage work out of our end, so we don’t need the forwards to carry us in that department like we have at other times. That lets the big boppers conserve a bit of energy so they can push the line speed.

Oh no doubt, just saying that he’d often get through over 160 in the same time, but with less actual impact on the game. And between Young, Best & Gagai we’ve got some guys who are really excellent at yardage work out of our end, so we don’t need the forwards to carry us in that department like we have at other times. That lets the big boppers conserve a bit of energy so they can push the line speed.
This is why I’m tempted to throw hunt into the backline over Tuala. Great carries out of the back past couple of years and will round out the backs you’ve named. Tuala no mug but a bit more lightweight.

Klemmer has 7 Dally M points, he only sits behind Haas (8). I think the best thing for Klem would be winning Dally M prop of the year, this would force NSW and Australia to not overlook him.

Last edited:
Dally M’s mean nothing. If his form right now isn’t getting selection then he won’t be in NSW side again while Freddy is coach.

It’s funny that Freddy perceives Klemmer to have an attitude problem. I would say since Kurt Gidley we haven’t had a more whole hearted and committed player. After losing his starting spot last year Klem put his head down and was still really strong for the club. I know his on a lot of money but over the summer he didn’t sulk / seek a release he obviously used that break to get fitter and I think now has got back to being one of the best front rowers in the NRL. Doesn’t seem like a player with an attitude problem to me.

Got to account for the fact that Freddy is a weirdo. I think this is the first series we will be able to gauage if he is a good coach or nkt. The previous years nsw‘s team has been miles ahead.
It’s funny that Freddy perceives Klemmer to have an attitude problem. I would say since Kurt Gidley we haven’t had a more whole hearted and committed player. After losing his starting spot last year Klem put his head down and was still really strong for the club. I know his on a lot of money but over the summer he didn’t sulk / seek a release he obviously used that break to get fitter and I think now has got back to being one of the best front rowers in the NRL. Doesn’t seem like a player with an attitude problem to me.

How doe she perceive it?

Refused to talk to the coach when he come into camp, think thats a known fact

How doe she perceive it?

Refused to talk to the coach when he come into camp, think thats a known fact
That’s not a fact at all that is called a rumour. My point was on the evidence shown at the Knights he seems like the last player in our squad to have an attitude problem.

Back