Danny Levi requests a release

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by rhugh89, May 12, 2018.

1. Beaumont

Beaumont Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Muscle checking and manipulation of greyhounds.
    Did anyone hear Ross on Triple M this morning ?

2. Owey

Owey Nathan Ross

Missed it, what did he have to say?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

3. Beaumont

He said that Levi's natural game has been coached out of him and also said that the senior players in a team know when things aren't working and know things have to change. I'm sure he wouldn't have spoke the way he did if he was still a player.

4. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    Well he has got his cash and dumps on everyone. Whilst he was a good winger not noted for his excess of grey material or oral caution when anywhere near a microphone.

5. Beaumont

I reckon his form suffered once he fell in love with the media stuff.

6. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Hs form dropped once he thought he was awesome.

7. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    Said when he carried on like a pork chop initially he was a flea.

8. Jaybro

Jaybro Lenny Beckett

Levi's best game possibly of his career??

I agree I think Brown had tried to get him to play a certain way which probably didn't suit Danny, on the weekend it was simple, get the ball to the forwards off the ground and run off a quick play the ball.

Danny's only real strength his running game from dummy half, unless he's doing that often I can't see him being effective.

88Knight4life likes this.
  9. Wobbles

Wobbles Shane Vincent

Whatever Danny is using as motivation the last fortnight is working wonders. If he realises he has the ability to play that well every week then he's in line for a contract upgrade, not to avoid the chop.

10. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Sean Rudder

All Levi has done is pick up his running game which is what he should be focusing on. He had KP up supporting one of his runs and got rewarded, we should have a support runner following Levi when he goes on these scoots as standard practice.

Pretty sure Levi toned his running game down as a response to Brown telling him to play more for the team etc.

I'd like to see Levi develop a medium length kicking game and a short grubber to the in goal kick also. He tends to have those few steps from the ruck before passing which would give him the space to get a kick away.

Beaumont likes this.
  11. Beaumont

Pretty important in todays game for your hooker to have a kicking game. How long's Levi been coached by Brown ?

12. Jaybro

Jaybro Lenny Beckett

If he keeps playing like the past two weeks he won’t be getting a release I wouldn’t think.

Lurker reckons we’re after Jayden Brailey not so sure he’s much better

13. 88Knight4life

Its funny how some see the game to others.
    I've seen Levi stop the 1 2 step before passing and just passing it directly then seen our forwards get on the front foot and get quick play the balls allowing Levi to make those 15 to 20m runs and us getting on a bigger roll forward.

14. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Sean Rudder

There really isn't a problem with a couple of small steps from the ruck before passing. Plenty of hookers do it and you dont see their forwards dropping the ball all the time.

He needs to just mix it up, not 100% of either, sometimes take the steps, other times not. He should be able to work out when to and when not to.

15. 88Knight4life

Righto

16. Ethan

Ethan Steve Simpson

Those couple of steps all the time give the opposition time to get right in our blokes faces as they catch the ball but he stops doing that and wham we look heaps better and we win both games , says it all .

88Knight4life and member 2299 like this.
  17. Beaumont

He took a couple of steps, engaged the marker, gave it to Pearce, Pearce inside to Ponga and Ponga blows RTS away.

18. Battler

Battler Matt White

...When we were on top and rolling over them.

19. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    Spot on 88 and Ethan. Those two or three steps bv Levi were giving opp foewards time to get up into our boys' faces, causing over runs, forward passes and dropped balls, but some don't, or can't, see it.

20. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Danny Buderus spent years developing his game to deliver the ball as close as possible to the defensive line by taking a few steps out of dummy half. It gives the defence no time to decide who will get the ball, so they have to spread themselves to cover everyone.
    Buderus changed the game and all hookers take it to the line if they can now.
    Just shovelling the ball out from dummy half is so 1990s, and doesn't challenge a defensive line at all. Defenders in 2019 are much better than defenders were when Benny Elias and Nathan Brown just passed off the ground time after time, and let the halfbacks do all the fancy stuff.
    Levi said the other day that he was "simplifying" his game and not trying so much to put players through gaps, so maybe he was overdoing it, or maybe he didn't have the ballrunning options he needed to make it worthwhile, but the complete 2019 hooker needs to be able to keep the defence guessing by taking the ball to the line and delivering the ball to one of 2 or 3 possible ball runners, because all defenders are pretty damn good in 2019.

Beaumont likes this.