Danny Levi requests a release

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by rhugh89, May 12, 2018.

1. Beaumont

Beaumont Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Muscle checking and manipulation of greyhounds.
    If Levi trains hard, goes good in the trials he should be 9 come round 1 and the rest is up to him. Absolutely no doubt his "attitude " came about because despite ticking the right boxes he wasn't given a chance to hold his spot. Sounds like Gardner knows that not all players respond to public criticism in a positive manner.

2. cowboyman

cowboyman Steve Simpson

Hospitality
    Interesting times ahead down in Melbourne. Could be some fallout if Smith is signed for 2 years. Brandon Smith may get some itchy feet.

3. danknights

danknights Steve Simpson

Imagine how Levi would feel getting the incumbent kiwi hooker here. Imagine the tanty he would chuck then. Haha

4. Ethan

Ethan Steve Simpson

I don't think it was him not given a chance I think it was the same as now the best trainer and best player in the trials gets the nod . I reckon Griffin showed Levi up at training and he got the nod ..

Lefty likes this.
  5. Ethan

Ethan Steve Simpson

I don't think it was him not given a chance I think it was the same as now the best trainer and best player in the trials gets the nod . I reckon Griffin showed Levi up at training and he got the nod ..

6. Beaumont

Beaumont Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Muscle checking and manipulation of greyhounds.
    Probably no different than when the Kiwi hooker started the next season in reserve grade.

7. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Adam Woolnough

Well last year we had the behind closed doors Melbourne trial, I cant recall how much game time Levi got in that, Maitland trial Griffin started and played virtually the whole game, even though the knights were being easily beaten, and for mine Griffin wasnt doing anything special in that game.

Has to be more to levi situation than just straight out training prowess.

Anyway it will all work out one way or another.

Beaumont likes this.
  8. Ethan

Ethan Steve Simpson

Maybe Griffin just out trained him or Levi didn't train hard enough who knows

9. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Darren Albert

With our strong pack players like Levi and/or Woolford should become even better, the go forward will be more consistent with a more even power up front.

Lefty likes this.
  10. packo

packo :) (:

Government
    I think that’s where we will see our biggest improvement. Our guys who have been doing it on their own should lift another gear.

11. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Adam Woolnough

Having a pack that can dominate teams or at least not get belted every game should have wide ranging impacts.

Better field position leading to less time spent desperately defending our own line leading to less penalties and less points conceded that results in our opposition getting the ball back and us having to D so much that we have nothing left in attack.

Will help with the errors too as the more fatigued you are the more errors you make.

Should allow us to get better quality last tackle plays away, more repeat sets and allow us to properly use our attacking weapons.

Honestly every game we would start ok, but every set you could see our team making it less and less up the field till we end up defending our line again and again.

12. Wobbles

Wobbles Andrew Tangata-Toa

The thing that could let the pack down is the quality of service from dummy half.

An increased number of dominant hitups should give Levi (or whoever) some more time and reduce the number of silly plays.

13. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    Spot on Wobbles.

And the quality of the pack will not affect Danny's brain snaps when he decides to take a quick tap when the captain wants the two. Not to mention his repeated silly barge over attempts. If he just concentrates on his job at dummy half, decent passes and middle defence hopefully he will get back to where he was two years ago.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
    Wobbles likes this.
  14. Wobbles

Wobbles Andrew Tangata-Toa

Yep, hopefully he feels like he doesn't need to do it all himself with those attempted barge-overs. I was really impressed with Levi early in his career, he looked a lot more patient yet dominant.

I remember one game against the Warriors where he was showing up Isaac Luke. By the end of the season he was the Kiwi hooker.

15. nunnsy

nunnsy Matt White

I think the barge over attempts are being blown out of proportion . Sure he has had a few but most hookers do. And for the quick tap it can be lethal when the opposition is not ready for it everyone just needs to be on the same page.

16. Thornborough92

Thornborough92 Steve Fulmer

I don’t understand why we haven’t released him already, he clearly doesn’t have the mindset of fighting for a spot.
    It’s not like there isn’t any ready made replacement free agents.

Release Dani and grab segeyaro, Barry toohey said we still have about 700k-800k left for next years last 2 signings. Add that to Levi’s $350k a year and we’ve easily got $1m left.

Surely $500k gets us segeyaro and possibly a better option then Kurt Mann

17. Jaybro

Jaybro Daniel Smailes

There was talk coming out of the camp early last year some of the guys weren't happy about having to fight for their spots as they seen themselves as NRL starters

It's very clear now those guys were Lamb & Levi (might have been more?) I can understand why they felt they were starters as they did start all of 2017, but I think they have both learnt their lessons now and should have learnt that sometimes you just need to buckle down and hang in there, if Lamb did that he would have taken the deal on offer for 250K & likely been a good chance to be the 5/8 this year, instead he's on a 1 year deal on mins. playing Park football for Wyong.

Levi as well, if he shut up and put up he'd be the No.9 hands down this year, but he seems to have spat the dummy one too many times and the club is shopping him around.

A good lesson for young players

Simon Templar and slotmachine like this.
  18. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

Well as far as we know he hasn't asked for a release since that time when we denied him so we don't know that he's not already buckling down & getting ready to fight for his position.

I hope he is because with no Mann, he's a good chance to start round 1 & could go to another level behind the new pack.

Rysith and Beaumont like this.
  19. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

All this talk of Levi not fighting for a spot is as far off the mark as any of the nonsense you see on this site.
    I went to the reserve grade game at Wyong last year, just after Levi had talked to Brown about whether he was wanted at the club.
    Brown and Shepherd were there, clearly to watch Levi.
    Levi played 80 minutes and tried to do everything himself. He got 2 try assists and ran the ball every chance he got, and even took on the goal kicking.
    By the end of the game he was physically exhausted and they tried to get him off the field for the last 5 minutes, and he refused to go. The ref was even talking to him and looked like he was asking him if he should go off or not. I was near the sideline and you could hear the Wyong players telling each other to run at Levi because he was exhausted, but he kept making his tackles.
    He was back in firstgrade the next game, and he put every bit of effort in him into that game.
    If Brown hadn't picked him after that effort, the whole team would have rightly concluded that Brown's talk of rewarding effort was all bullshit.

20. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Adam Woolnough

There is a lot of bullshit on here based around news articles and assumptions.

Levi barge overs he got more under control last year, as he did with the quick tap when a penalty is given. Plenty of times he would rush over and grab the ball only to flip it to Pearce for a touch finder.

On here, once your designated whipping boy it's a hard moniker to shake.

He has come out recently saying he isn't taking his spot for granted and is working hard to secure his spot. Not sure what else he can say really.

Same for Ross. Moga arrives and jogs the ball mostly. Ross gets chit for being out of position based mostly on one play where Ross came in for a hit up out of our own end. Played the ball and it went to his wing to Morgan Moga no look passed and Ross wasnt there yet that is Ross fault lol. Moga should have looked.

Anyway, very easy to earn a rep on here.