Dale Finucane

knightime

Todd Bates
Off contract after this year. What are everyone’s thoughts on targeting him for 2022? He’d probably be looking for some decent coin.

Great player, don't know why he would want to move away from the storm unless it was for more money

I think Max King would be a cheaper alternative for some added prop depth. Maitland lad and Knights junior so he might be a decent depth target for next year (also off contract after this season).

We don’t really need a forward with our current squad as forwards is our strength, our back ups are going well, King, Saulo, Jones, Fitz when fit along with reserve grade Crocker and Smith. Need to fix half’s and right centre.

I think we need to focus more on our backs than our current forward crop. Would’ve loved if he came to us a few years back. He’d just be demanding too much and he’s the current Storm captain too.

I can't see him coming our way, but would be stoked if he did.

I agree with Matty though, our backs are looking pretty light, with Edrick going next year we're a winger short (I don't think To'a has what it takes from what i've seen), and could probably do with a strike centre on the right side, Tuala has potential but not sure we will benefit from playing him at right centre when he has shown he is a left centre through and through.

To’a has been playing injured, don’t judge him on recent performances. Tuala I think is going to leave the club. Not in a negative sense, I think we’ve gotten what we wanted (a guy who can do a job) and he’s got what he wanted (he’s revived his first grade career) out of his time with us. But yeah he’s a left centre through and through, and he’ll never be first choice there for us.

To’a has been playing injured, don’t judge him on recent performances. Tuala I think is going to leave the club. Not in a negative sense, I think we’ve gotten what we wanted (a guy who can do a job) and he’s got what he wanted (he’s revived his first grade career) out of his time with us. But yeah he’s a left centre through and through, and he’ll never be first choice there for us.
I'm not judging just on recent performances, To'a has yet to prove anything more than a solid second string winger. If we're letting Edrick go and not investing his money in a replacement, then I really hope either To'a or Musgrove shows rapid improvement in the next 10-12 months.

I think someone asked O’Brien after last weeks game if we had an attitude problem. O’Brien stated it was more concentration.

Say what you want but I think our forward pack does have a tendency to go missing, particularly Dan and Klem. I’m glad Star is out as I don’t believe his work ethic is high enough. I’d like to see Best/Hunt as the centre pairing. I’d be on the look out for wingers.

The Tigers loss is an example of the attitude problem.

The disruption we had against the Dragons is highly underrated. The dragons also played very well.

Titans we were no chance and We all got a reality check on Green.

This week will tell us where we are truly at.

Back