Corey Harawira-Naera

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by slotmachine, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    What did the media overexaggerate? It was all cut and dried for mine?

First to stick up for footballers as most like our boy Sione are top shelf humans, but like any organisation cretins like these should be weeded out.

2. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

The laws around this are perfectly adequate.
    All those moralising over who should or shouldn't have relations with who in a perfectly legal way should mind their own business.
    If you don't think the laws are good enough - try to change them.
    These guys broke some club rules.
    They didn't do anything illegal or immoral.

3. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    Couldn't disagree more and I'll leave it parked there and won't be back to visit this thread.

1 last point though, anyone who thinks that players visiting a school should be able to have relations with them with repurcussions and that its morally okay are so off the planet it beggers belief.

It's filth, pure and simple.

Bye.

4. packo

packo :) (:

Government
    They brought the game into disrepute. Lord and myself aren’t saying they committed an offence, that”s obvious.

I guess we can’t comprehend that people on here feel it’s perfectly fine, to go to a High school, and later have relations with a student you met while promoting rugby league, or whatever it was they were there for. Like I said earlier, what sponsor on the planet would be happy with that?

Imagine coming home and asking your 16 year old daughter what she’s up to tonight? “Oh I met a 23 and 24 year old at high school today, he’s coming to pick me up for the night because I haven’t got my learners yet.” “ Awesome Sweetie, make sure your homework is done before you leave, it’s a school night.”

Not to mention It would be past bedtime at the Dally Ms, is the boys wanted to bring their new partners to meet the other wives and partners.

I’ll leave my rant there also. Wow.

5. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

You don't know she was 16. None of those details have been published. They could have both been 19 for all anyone knows.
    Not that I'm going to go back and read the stories, but I think there was considerable doubt over whether they met at the school. One of the players was at the school, but as I remember the story, they deny that's where they met up.

6. danknights

danknights Ben Kennedy

Opinions eh. It's done and dealt with now. Yeah they should have had a "light bulb" moment being in fact it was bringing the game and club under a spotlight. The girls got their target "to meet" footballers. If that happened at the school or outside isn't any of our problems. It lies within the governing bodies and I don't feel sacking them was the right option, players have done worse and still play. They are trying to wipe the "sex in club time" part from the game.
    We are all human who live and breathe sex in different ways, what is ok for one might be disgusting for another. Hopefully they learn from this and make better choices in the future.

7. Battler

Battler Dave Woods

Sorry fella :lol:

8. Battler

Battler Dave Woods

I'll bite. It was widely reported that one of the girls was 16 (the Okenbor case). I've also seen a video that appears to involve CHW, although it could be someone else. I wasn't there so I don't know. They may have done nothing illegal - the age of consent in almost every state is 16 - but it is a horrible look from any angle. I'm not suggesting that the girls are without fault, not at all. But where is the balance of power? I have a 13 and an 8 year old daughter, and would be mortified if it was one of my girls. Of course I would hope that the investment that my wife and I have made in their upbringing and grounding would mean that they wouldn't take such risks or make such decisions, but I also don't pretend to be a better parent than the next person. I'm not perfect, far from it - and it would be hypocritical for me to expect perfect decision making from my kids.

If these guys were Knights players, I'd want them to be sacked, as much as it may upset me.

The morality issue is a slippery slope, and I understand that. I approach moral issues by asking myself: what ought I do?

So these guys fail my test.

9. krustykraz

krustykraz Todd Bates

Anyway these two are not allowed to play in the NRL for a while.
    So they definitely will not be playing for the Knights.
    Off to Super League next year for them.

10. KnightsUnite

KnightsUnite Chris Houston

The girls started the sexual talk INSTANTLY, 3 messages in!!

Boys broke Club rules thats it, they have fired and thats fair.

The girls have NO morals and gave it up straight away, remember women choose who they want and the men say yes or no.

Sign them both up, media blew it out of proportion , 12 months suspension is enough!

11. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

CHN is an excellent player would definitely take him. I’d have him ahead of Fitzgibbon.

Okunbor is terrible. I wouldn’t want him in our NSW Cup side.

R_A and slotmachine like this.