Connor Watson

Billy

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
His manager says he has a few other offers - which his manager has to say.
The rest of the article implies we want him but have not much money and our top priority right now is Jacob Saifiti.

cowboyman

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
We definitely need to sign him up if we are losing Ese.

Hows that work? It’s a sure fire way of stuffing up your cap unless you’ve got someone coming through to take Ese’s roll. Saulo perhaps but he hasn’t seemed to progressed as much as some would of hoped over the last couple years.

Owey

Evan Cochrane
I just wanted to say that I've been following the debate on here about Watson without getting involved. I kinda agree that we have paid overs for him a bit and you don't want to resign him on the same money if he is a bench utility. I do think he plays a very important role off the bench when he is fit. Now you throw in a major injury and I really started wondering if he was worth it.

I've changed my mind back again seeing how he has handled himself leading up to this indigenous round. I couldn't be more impressed with how he has walked the walk this week. When you are looking at the culture at our club, I think this guy is a vital cog who brings enthusiasm, professionalism and humility to place. I hope he makes a full recovery and we see him in the red and blue next year.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Simon Templar

Tony Herman
I just wanted to say that I've been following the debate on here about Watson without getting involved. I kinda agree that we have paid overs for him a bit and you don't want to resign him on the same money if he is a bench utility. I do think he plays a very important role off the bench when he is fit. Now you throw in a major injury and I really started wondering if he was worth it.

I've changed my mind back again seeing how he has handled himself leading up to this indigenous round. I couldn't be more impressed with how he has walked the walk this week. When you are looking at the culture at our club, I think this guy is a vital cog who brings enthusiasm, professionalism and humility to place. I hope he makes a full recovery and we see him in the red and blue next year.

I agree Owey, while his is not a crucial position in this team, when he is on he plays an integral part in our successes by his injection , be interesting to see win loss ratio when he plays- especially this year.

Billy

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
If he wants 450 or 500k - we could get a SOO level player for that.
If he want's 300k - doesn't sound too much.
I suspect he wants 450 or 500k.

mullenmagic

Todd Bates
He can want whatever he wants, a player who relies on speed and athleticism coming off a ruptured achilles is not going to get anything significant. Terrible timing for him.

knightime

Todd Bates

Agreed. Seems like a good bloke and teammate, is active in the community and doesn't cause any trouble. I suspect he'll re-sign on a 1-year deal for about $350k. That's only my guess of course, but would make sense for both sides. If he can stay healthy and carve out a strong role, then he'll be set up for an extension. And, that's decent money for a bench utility.

krustykraz

Adam Woolnough
It would be interesting to actually know,
-how many games he has played
-average minutes per game
-win loss ratio with him

for us over the past 3 years

I like him as a player and would like him to re-sign (for less than he is on). But i dont think his salary will be made public.

danknights

Jarrod Mullen
Haha have we seen the same guy out around town? Typical young guy. As long as the footy does the talking I'm happy for him to stick around. Injury after injury for the poor guy. I think he needs to play the 9 role with Brailey going forward.

Billy

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
It would be interesting to actually know,
-how many games he has played
-average minutes per game
-win loss ratio with him

for us over the past 3 years

I like him as a player and would like him to re-sign (for less than he is on). But i dont think his salary will be made public.
He's played 41 out of a potential 62 with a 46% win rate, which is pretty high win rate since our team would have won way less than 50%.

Kurriboy

Matthew Johns
Club could offer him a minimum wage 1 year deal. Watson likely to be a 12+ month recovery meaning he wont be back until finals time next year.

Who knows how he is going to go on comeback, lost speed and agility etc. I cant see another club picking him up with that injury so he doesnt have a lot of options.

Does the club be ruthless and cut him loose here, or show him some sympathy and roll the dice with some salary cap money.

Frank McWilliams

Ben Kennedy
With Watson I think signing him depends on rehab and when he is likely to come back. If early enough to be used in 2021 then offer him small but if only for finals then no thanks for 2021 come and see us for 2022, trial for a contract.

Joshhh

OnARampageFuelledByGod
Club could offer him a minimum wage 1 year deal. Watson likely to be a 12+ month recovery meaning he wont be back until finals time next year.

Who knows how he is going to go on comeback, lost speed and agility etc. I cant see another club picking him up with that injury so he doesnt have a lot of options.

Does the club be ruthless and cut him loose here, or show him some sympathy and roll the dice with some salary cap money.

Jeez is it really a 12 month sort of injury? I didn't realise it was that bad. Might work out for us, he won't have many options at all now & we can hopefully re-sign him on a bit less now. No doubt he's valuable when he's on the field, right sort of personality for the team & best friends with Ponga too. Just too injury prone & on too much money.