Classic footy clips

jamesgould

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
Staff member
Admin
Thought it might be a good idea to create a thread where we can post some classic moments over the years.

I'll start off with this one ... make sure to watch till the end ... bit of a reality check to those of us that want to get rid of the bunker lol

Billy

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
In the days before video refs there was a dodgy try allowed or a good try disallowed in most games, but they have taken it too far now.
1 or 2 playthroughs in real time is all they should do, and if it looks like a try, it's a try.

Matty23

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
In the days before video refs there was a dodgy try allowed or a good try disallowed in most games, but they have taken it too far now.
1 or 2 playthroughs in real time is all they should do, and if it looks like a try, it's a try.
I still vividly remember a massive video ref blunder that happened in 2013. Us against Penrith. Dean Whare “scored” a try in the corner, was replayed countless times, his hand visibly touched the paint/grass on the sideline and they gave it. I was there live thinking about whether I should’ve just left and booked an appointment at specsavers because they were seeing difference sh*t to what I was.

jamesgould

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
Staff member
Admin
This new NRL Throwback account is putting up some pretty classic Knights tries from over the years:

From 1997 … remember when we could play like this even when Andrew Johns was out injured?!

Kurriboy

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

That is great in theory. But the television coverage is going to play them in super slow mo, then highlight the ref made an error, then bash the ref for it, then the wider media whips up a storm of coverage on how poor the refereeing is, then puts pressure on the NRL who then drop the referee.

There is a reason we have the system we have now.

Of course the media still does all of the above, but there is no chance they go back to no video ref or full speed replays. You can't unscramble scrambled egg.