Centre of Excellence

Billy

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

The construction company lists the completion date as September 2021.

Barry Toohey says it will be in use after Christmas.

It's supposed to be the home ground for Juniors next season, so first game might be as early as January.

Knights-CoE-2.jpg

Knights-CoE-1.jpg

Design & construction of a new first class training facility for the Newcastle Knights including three full sized training fields, a 40-metre running track, and outdoor gym facilities for recreational use.

The 2 level training facility will consist of:

• Players & Coaches Facilities
  • Administration Facilities
  • Public Facilities
  • Gym, Pools & Sauna
  • External Amenities

Building it 50 metres from a Maccas is asking for trouble.
Danny Wicks would have gone missing every 5 minutes - him and Aku, over at Maccas again.

So the whole of the District Park precinct is being revamped with fields, lighting, parking, etc?... or is that just some 'artistic licence' taken by the architects in the concept drawings?

I hope the swamp is still going to be there? Best part of any trek to Marathon ...

Oh, or walking the tightrope over one of those big pipes to get across a stream.
All that is built right on top of the area that turned to mud after 3 drops of rain.
I assume they have put in a lot of drainage - or it's going to go badly when we have some rain.

All that is built right on top of the area that turned to mud after 3 drops of rain.
I assume they have put in a lot of drainage - or it's going to go badly when we have some rain.
It's not gonna be a good look if the centre of excellence sinks 😂

Circled area looks like the area on the original plan that was an outdoor gym the public could use. The original plan also had a bike loop, but that seems to have gone. With the coffee shop in the building as well, it looks like a good spot to get some exercise, if all those Knights players aren't hogging all the facilities.
Knights-CoE-2.jpg

seriously though, i hope they did factor in the drainage issues for the area
It shouldn't be hard.
They have that huge stormwater drain right next to it. They'd just need to run agpipe under the whole area and put outlets straight into the stormwater drain - simples.

Wonder if the pedestrian crossings are due for an upgrade as well??? 😋:p...
1635724702041.png

Or maybe that will be part of the player training regime...'drilling' up and down the storm water culvert as part of the game prep :lol::lol::lol:

Back