Cameron Ciraldo

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Discussion' started by Ms.Nobody, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Ms.Nobody

Ms.Nobody Banned

[​IMG]

Note: This thread should contain discussion of only the player in focus. Include Performances and opinions of the individual.

Warning: Posts like 'Go player! *insert name*' or 'He's my favourite player' etc will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Discuss!​

2. Ms.Nobody

Ms.Nobody Banned

Time to rant.

Is this guy not the worst NRL Player (if you could call him that) going around in the game today?

Came on for Mullen so played for about 50 minutes. Not even sure where he was playing as Gidley defended in the centres when Wes went to fullback.

He managed to miss his first tackle in a sloppy grab attempt. Then give away a penalty and wondered why when he was miles offside. Need I say more about his attempts to pass or his shot on Moi Moi... he did the same thing on Horo and got away with it. He racked up a grand total of 2 runs for 13m with 2 penalties conceded and 2 errors. Why do we still persist with these players?

NSW Cup were thrashed last week, Stone was in attendance and must have liked what he saw in Ciraldo during that game. It must have been only because he scored a try because I cant for the life of me work out why he is in the side ahead of other guys.

To see him in front of Edwards earlier in the season makes me sick.

3. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

Well he must be doing something right. He has been extremely average in all his games this year. If he didn't get injured in Rd 3, he'd probably have been in the side all of the games up to now! D:

4. Madman

Madman Y.N.W.A.

Student
    How is Ciraldo playing over guys like Filipo or Mata'utia? Sometimes i think Stone doesn't have a clue what he is doing.

5. hunting140

hunting140 Greg Hayward

HR Driver
    Im seriously gunna **** myself laughing when the next side is named cause im tellin ya he will be in it!!! stone wtf?

6. Ms.Nobody

Ms.Nobody Banned

Round 3: Played 32 minutes for 3 runs making 12m, 9 tackles. 1 error and 2 penalties conceded.
    Round 12: Played 48 minutes for 2 runs making 17m, 11 tackles. 2 errors and 2 penalties conceded
    Round 13: Played 26 minutes for 5 runs making 33m, 12 tackles. 1 error and 1 penalty conceded.

This isn't the impact any side should have off the bench regardless of the player or the situation. Stop persisting with this guy, we'd surely get more value blooding a younger player instead. Ciraldo provides absolutely nothing but frustration.

7. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

Geez that's a shocking set of statistics for his Rd 12 game. To be honest i'd rather Filipo but i don't mind Ciraldo just yet. He looked much better against the Tigers than against the Eels. He wasn't any good mind you but he'll be better with gametime so i'm fine with him staying in the team for now.

8. Ms.Nobody

Ms.Nobody Banned

He played centre against the Eels... but played 48 minutes so should have shared the workload more.

It just leaves you wondering what Stone really see's in Ciraldo that the rest of the world doesn't? Is it the experience, or he's a nice bloke? Who knows, regardless... I'm sure any other coach wouldn't have them in their 17. Play a raw KOD, at least he will take the ball up more than 5 times a game playing over 30 minutes! Yeh he might be error riddled, but like Ciraldo isn't! And looking to the future who would you prefer to see.

9. TheRedAfro

TheRedAfro Rod Shoesmith

Student
    I think I recall reading a player in focus story in the paper a month or even longer back now: Was basically how everyone loved him and he's been training hard to get back into it.

Maybe its another case of the infamous 'mate' issue we seem to consistently have at Newcastle? :lol:

But yeah, my only logical guess is that he busts his gut at training and shows promise, yet he's never delivered when it counts. :\
    Would love to just get Stone's opinion on the issue :p

10. Mc.

Mc. Rod Whitaker

Ciraldo MUST Go

Ciraldo's performance tonight was like it is every other game, pathetic & unforgivable

Why does Stone refuse to drop him? Why not allow our younger talent to have a go when clearly they could do a better job than that fool Cameron Ciraldo...

11. TheBatman

TheBatman Charlie McAlister

Didnt you get the email from the Knights that contained the birth certificate attachment.

Yep turns out he is Rick Stone's love child....... explains alot

12. timmy_18

timmy_18 Darren Forward

cameron ciraldo please go back to the sharks but at least we know if he is here next year nad he plays crap wayne will never let him in first grade

13. lolwut

lolwut Brett Grogan

Did you see his pathetic attempt rushing up in defence to allow the cows second try ? That's stuff you'd expect from a park footballer.

14. superralex_

superralex_ Chillin'

Student
    Yes I did see that and fair call, however, that didn't cost us the game.
    Wes' lack of urgency was just as bad.

15. Mc.

Mc. Rod Whitaker

I'm not placing the loss in Ciraldo, it just makes no sense to me that he continues too be picked when he literally, literally is the worst forward in the competition.Imagine how players like Tetevano & Cook must feel when an incompetant moron like Ciraldo is continually chosen ahead of themWithout fail he let's the team down every week with his 2 penalties, 2 knock ons & just the WORST defence in the competition from any forward. If you don't think he loses us games single handedly you need to wake up

16. Mr Goanna

Mr Goanna hung up on the glory days

once again Ciraldo met my expectations...

17. shanemj

shanemj Tim Maddison

He was still well below par for mine :lol: On the laughometer though he rates about an 8 out of 10. His involvement and touches are laughable now. He looks like a deer in headlights when he gets the ball. So frustrating that it's become funny.

18. The Artist Formerly Known as Aku'd

The Artist Formerly Known as Aku'd Logan Campbell

Asset Manager
  19. Ms.Nobody

Ms.Nobody Banned

:lol:

As for this thread - it's so pointless... we all know Ciraldo sucks. The only one who doesn't is Sir Rick.

20. superralex_

superralex_ Chillin'

Student
    It's frustrating to come here after a loss and see threads like these come up - bashing a single player. A lot of us think he should be dropped but is there really a need for a personal attack on him?