Bennett: I'm not quitting for Cowboys

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Discussion' started by ASJ82, Sep 6, 2013.

1. ASJ82

ASJ82 Todd Bates

Mech Fitter
    So it's confirmed Bennett will leave, does anyone else think he will go back to broncos as some sort of coaching director and take gagai and Boyd with him?

Would be pretty disruptive to our 2015 season with all this unfolding I really think next year may be our only real genuine chance of doing something under Bennett.

To add to that its been noted Bennett will try and get a marquee signing for 2015 but what player will be that keen knowing Bennett is leaving after that 1 year.

2. Beaumont

Beaumont Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Muscle checking and manipulation of greyhounds.
    I had a look at the set up at Wests. We've got a new stadium and the Town and area itself is great. If we can only sign players because Bennett's here there's something wrong.

3. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Wish he left in 2012.

4. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    Can we please have a link that its confirmed?

Being that he dismantled the Dragons and left them a smoking ruin I'd like to think the backoffice are proactively ensuring we don't get the same treatment.

5. slotmachine

And how have the broncos been going since he left there...

Anyways, our three best players this year have been Mullen, Snowden and Rochow.
    All local guys who will stick around well past 2015 and will be allowed to play some exciting football under Rick Stone.

6. Captain Planet

Captain Planet Nathan Barnes

Whore
    gagai would defently be on the radar, future origin player(prob next year depending on form) and they can use the lure of close to home like they did with barba..if gagai goes were fuked..don't think boyd will go broncs are pretty tied up at the fullback role with Hoffman and barba both fighting it out

7. slotmachine

Boyd -> Titans

8. ASJ82

ASJ82 Todd Bates

Mech Fitter

[MENTION=1450]Godsmack[/MENTION]442 via Twitter: Hi Wayne. Just letting you know that you’re doing a great job. Will you stay with the Knights for another four years?
    WB: Thank you. I have been away from home (wife and children) for five years now and I won’t be able to do more than what I am here for.

- - - Updated - - -

Your right, it seems like a lot of players are keen to come here to retire.

9. Lord of the Skraelings

I want Boyd gone with his Dad when he goes, last thing we need is the mental midget around without Wayne.

10. -Patrick-

-Patrick- Dank memes n' big screens

Flip flop artist @ Pizza Hut
    Oh well, supercoach hasn't done much since coming here. Can't be much worse than before Wayne arrived.

11. jamesgould

jamesgould Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus Staff Member Admin

It could easily be worse, we were a top eight side before he got here.

12. Beaumont

Beaumont Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Muscle checking and manipulation of greyhounds.
    They should be extending and upgrading Lulea and Gagai's contract now. Make them offers they can't refuse. Same with Toka. This Club won't be left a smouldering wreck like the Dragons mainly because Wayne hasn't set the joint on fire yet.

13. jamesgould

jamesgould Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus Staff Member Admin

As long as Stone sticks around then I think we'll be fine. He's popular with the players, so should be able to retain most of the players.

14. -Patrick-

-Patrick- Dank memes n' big screens

Flip flop artist @ Pizza Hut
    Whoopsies, worded that post wrong, what I meant to say was he hasn't made us any better since he got here.

15. Lord of the Skraelings

One has to wonder how Stone would have went with the budget Bennett has had to play with.

One of the attractions of Wayne was supposed to be all the big name signings we'd get. Most of his signings are up their w/ smiddy's signings. Atleast Smiddy signed young fellas.

16. knights4premiers

knights4premiers Uate

I dont honestly think Gagai will leave, the club has been fantastic towards him and his family, you can't tell me bringing his younger brother down wasn't a coop to get some of the family to relocate. I believe his partnership in years to come with Uate will be the best in the past decade or so. Signing players who have had a falling out for whatever reason at their previous clubs installs faith in the players themselves one would assume, Although in saying that Loyalty is as rare as a nun in a whore-house these days. So hoping anyone doesn't leave because of 'a second chance' is silly, as much as it should be a legit reason.

I believe the problem Wayne left the Dragons with is two different systems. One coach left, another came in, whilst he should understand Wayne's system after being his 'understudy' you will always bring your own ideas. And I expect Stone to do the same.

With better results of course.

Also, I see Stone being similar to Flanno at the Sharks being really popular with players. Him coaching Fiji can only improve our chances at him becoming friendly with whatever players they pick, touch wood.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
  17. fj182

fj182 Paul Rauhihi

I can honestly say that we would not have got bj, gaigai and willy if bennett was not our coach, but at the same time probly not scott

18. Joel

Joel Touche...

We desperately need Stone when Bennett finishes up, otherwise we will enter another 'rebuilding phase' because half of the team who are off-contract when Bennett leaves will **** off.

Roster wise he has done an amazing job, I pray they just stick around.

19. Ms.Nobody

Ms.Nobody Banned

Yep. Plus Buderus and Snowden considering he enjoyed Cronulla so much... it was enough for him to go when Bennett jumped on board.

20. Sammyyy

Sammyyy Knights 2013

uni kid
    Not suprised but where does this leave us especially if we dont win a premiership in the next 2 years?