Bailey Hodgson

Owey

Adam Woolnough
Reports linking us with 17 year old cousin of Josh Hodgson. He is an English youth international, described as a livewire, outside back who prefers to play fullback. Currently signed with Castleford, hasn't made his top grade debut yet.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

I wonder where we are getting our English mail from all of a sudden?

I wonder where we are getting our English mail from all of a sudden?

Couldn't be from Zammit as he hasnt stepped foot in the uk and has no contacts as a scout anywhere in the world apparently.

Signing English juniors like this is a new thing I think.
We have been signing young Kiwis for years, with pretty poor results really.
we have probably put 30 really good young Kiwis through the juniors over the last 10 years, and the only one who gave us decent service was Levi, and even he had no loyalty to the club when push came to shove.
If it were up to me we'd only spend money on developing players from NSW and Qld country areas, because that is where players who are happy to make a longterm home in Newcastle and become club stalwarts have come from.
But maybe young poms will be different.

we have probably put 30 really good young Kiwis through the juniors over the last 10 years, and the only one who gave us decent service was Levi, and even he had no loyalty to the club when push came to shove.

It was clear he wasn't wanted at the club for about 2 years, I doubt he would have moved if he wasn't forced to. Credit to him for getting on with it as long as he did when the staff blatantly didn't want him there.

It was clear he wasn't wanted at the club for about 2 years, I doubt he would have moved if he wasn't forced to. Credit to him for getting on with it as long as he did when the staff blatantly didn't want him there.
I have no issue with Danny, re what happened and how it ended up for him and wish him as much luck as I can(now that he plays for Manly:cool:) - in truth, I think he rated himself more highly that the staff did and that will always create tension. He then had stiff competition from Slade Griffin and I think the club clearly opted for the 'team player' over the individual in his case.

As I said, it was what it was and it just wasn't the right fit for both parties...that's footy

Am i right thinking Manly didnt re-sign him and if so does anyone know where he is going .

Anyone else thinking OB is lining Hodgson up to take the FB spot so Ponga can make the move to 5/8?

Looking at 2022 - 23, so probably after Pearce has moved on.

Imagine a player like Ponga at the back, with Ponga creating in the halves paired with a competent halfback. Dynamite.

Anyone else thinking OB is lining Hodgson up to take the FB spot so Ponga can make the move to 5/8?

Imagine a player like Ponga at the back, with Ponga creating in the halves paired with a competent halfback. Dynamite.

We don’t have to imagine it. We saw it ha

Either that or for his holiday to RU for a couple of years.

He looks like a kid.
On looks, Dom Young is a much more exciting prospect.
We'll have to wait to see them play, but right now, the guy who looks like a bigger version of Edrick Lee has me more excited than the guy who looks like a smaller version of Luke Sharpe.

If Young can get the defence side right OBi might have a hard time leaving him out. Not saying he will start the year but hey Weirder things have happened in this game .
You never know what will happen and it can only be good for us if he really hits the ground running.
I would be happy as everyone knows i like big centre's although he may play wing depends what OBi wants .
Young and Sasagi are the main 2 that i would like to watch play this season especially Sasagi there's something about that kid .

He looks like a kid.
On looks, Dom Young is a much more exciting prospect.
We'll have to wait to see them play, but right now, the guy who looks like a bigger version of Edrick Lee has me more excited than the guy who looks like a smaller version of Luke Sharpe.
The guy who is the same age as Best but only played 1 or 2 Super League games in 2 years has you that excited? Really?

The guy who is the same age as Best but only played 1 or 2 Super League games in 2 years has you that excited? Really?

Not everybody plays first grade at 18 years old either thats something to be excited about ..

Have you seen him?
He's 2cm taller than Edrick and moves like a panther.
He might be a complete dud, but he looks like the most athletic guy in the squad.

Back