Adam Reynolds

Ak-47

Max Chapman
So looks like he on the outer with souths, whats everyones thoughts here, we need a half cant deny that.
He asking too much
We can we afford
Surely Knights have made a call to him, if we serious about making a charge for top 4 spot.
He seems to play well with big forwards like Big Sammy. He enjoy playing alongside our forward pack.

Last edited:
I think it has to be considered. But I think they will stick with the plan of Clifford playing a year under Pearce then Clifford takes control. I’d rather stick with this theory and see what pans out next season

If the Pearce contract for 2022 is already signed we can't afford him.
If it isn't, we could think about it.

He’s kind of a similar player to Clifford, so I think signing Jake rules out any possibility of us going after Reynolds (not that we could have known Reynolds would possibly be available). That’s even before you get to the re-signing of Pearce on $6-700K a year, which means we could never afford Reyno.

I think also the Knights have the same position as the Bunnies on his age, once you hit your early 30’s we’re only re-signing you for one season at a time. So it would have never happened.

Reynolds I think is a classic example of a player who wouldn’t have become what he is now without his club’s top drawer coaching & roster management. He was never a guy who’d single-handedly win games with individual brilliance, doesn’t rack up huge try assist stats etc, he just does his job, focuses on what he’s good at, and that makes the players around him better. He’s played in a team built around his strengths for his entire career. I think with Clifford and our current coaching staff, we can make our own Reynolds.

Reynolds & Walker about as complimentary a halves pairing as you can get. Souths have done very well for themselves there.

If we can afford him sure, no brainer. Goal kicking alone would be a vast improvement for the team.

But I doubt we can and Id say Pearce is locked in.

Have a sneaky feeling he’ll end up at Brisbane. They need him bad. Need a leader, need a guy who’s ready to steer a team around. Reynolds is one of the best halfs in the NRL right now & Dearden is far from a sure thing to even be a regular first grade starter at this point.

Plenty of teams are in need of good halfbacks these days. Just too many inconsistent halves going around.
Thought Reynolds said he like to stay to Sydney soo ill say West or Bulldogs. Possible Roosters but their new 19 yr old halfback looks good and could be their long term half.

Maybe Cowgirls, Michael Morgan retiring they could make an big offer to get him up there. But they need to pay overs for him.

With the lack of firstgrade halves at the moment, Connor Watson has a massive opportunity with Pearce out.
If he puts together 3 or 4 great games as a running 5/8, he will jump from a 200k a year player to a 600k a year player and will have to employ a secretary to field all the calls he'll get.
There are signs in the first month of the comp that he has worked hard on the skills he needs to be a running 5/8, and if he puts it all together he'll suddenly be the most underpaid player in the comp - considering the big paycut he took for this year.

With the lack of firstgrade halves at the moment, Connor Watson has a massive opportunity with Pearce out.
If he puts together 3 or 4 great games as a running 5/8, he will jump from a 200k a year player to a 600k a year player and will have to employ a secretary to field all the calls he'll get.
There are signs in the first month of the comp that he has worked hard on the skills he needs to be a running 5/8, and if he puts it all together he'll suddenly be the most underpaid player in the comp - considering the big paycut he took for this year.
I haven’t given up on him as a spine player, he has that X factor & instincts you can’t teach. He also brings a lot of enthusiasm and intensity, is always backing up after a break etc. Attributes you want on the field for as much time as possible, I just never particularly liked the fit with Pearce in the halves as Mitch also likes to take on the line a lot (too much IMO but that’s a rant for another time).

There’s obviously been holes in his game, his decision making with time and space can be poor, and when he goes to the line and passes he used to crowd out his line runners a lot, didn’t time things right etc, and he’s obviously not a great kicker. But training in this sort of modern ball playing lock/extra half role could be the making of him. He’s at his best mixing up hard direct running with his mazy probing ones, has lovely late footwork, and does great work buzzing around looking for offloads, supporting through the middle etc, and focusing in on what he does best rather than trying to do stuff which isn’t really a big part of his game is paying dividends so far. Keen to see how he fits at 6 with Blake, who’s a more traditional half and not a big runner of the ball. I don’t think it’s a fait accompli that Bailey Hodgo becomes the next fullback & KP moves to the halves, and Clifford is a pretty similar player to Greeny...

One thing I noticed this year is a bit of playmaking intelligence I don’t think he had before and which I don’t think Mann has really developed at all. A bit more deception at the line, but also twice he’s contributed to important tries by simply getting the ball to strike players already in time and space, staring down a good 1-on-1 matchup (Best on Hiku, Tex on Luke Brooks). I think a lot of our other playmakers get a bit too caught up in taking it to the line and passing almost every single time: sometimes you just want to get it and shift it nice and quickly to the right man, especially late on in a tense contest. I heard him say on Barry Toohey’s podcast that he wanted to use the injury layoff to think about his game and what kind of player he wants to be, and I think we’re seeing signs of that for sure.

Also he successfully executed a draw and pass after a line break the other day after fluffing those time and time again over the years so I’m quite high on him atm hahaha.

Back