2025 Recruitment And Retention

I put out last year that Tyrone was in and doing training everyone laughed thought I was taking p.
He has been in Newcastle for last month.
Looking forward to him playing.
When was the last time a team had two sets of identical twins in its 17?

That's for Billy ofc

Probably haven’t been all in the 17 together but Dragons have 2 sets of identical twins at the moment - Feagai & Couchman.

Also not sure where Billy’s getting his info but the Saifiti’s are absolutely identical twins.

Most reports say the safs are identical.
They say they aren't.
I think they'd know - although they look so much alike I think it would need a DNA test to prove it.

I can say for sure that Sione's twin wasn't identical. She is much better looking.

Last edited:
Probably haven’t been all in the 17 together but Dragons have 2 sets of identical twins at the moment - Feagai & Couchman.

Also not sure where Billy’s getting his info but the Saifiti’s are absolutely identical twins.
Yep they have, and that’s the first and only time it’s happened: https://www.dragons.com.au/news/202...gai-couchman-twins-eager-for-historic-outing/

Only other possibility I could think of was Brett and Josh Morris, with Andrew and David Fifita, but Brett was never at the Sharks and the years didn’t match up anyway.

Most reports say the safs are identical.
They say they aren't.
I think they'd know - although they look so much alike I think it would need a DNA test to prove it.

I can say for sure that Sione's twin wasn't identical. She is much better looking.
Where have they said they aren’t? A quick google shows every source saying they’re identical and not a single one saying fraternal.

Where have they said they aren’t? A quick google shows every source saying they’re identical and not a single one saying fraternal.
One of them said it in a podcast last year - and I'm not going to search every podcast till I find it - but it stuck in my mind, because, like everyone else, I'd always assumed they were identical, because they couldn't look more alike.
It was said in the context of someone asking how close they were as twins, and whichever one it was said they didn't have the sort of bond identical twins have because they were fraternal (maybe not in those exact words) and that they led pretty separate lives.

Last edited:
I think the bigger issue here is whether they can play or not. A lot of excitement about Tyronne joining us, but how do we know he will work out? Are we just going off how well Leo is going? On the other hand, does he have the skills to be a brilliant 13?

I think the bigger issue here is whether they can play or not. A lot of excitement about Tyronne joining us, but how do we know he will work out? Are we just going off how well Leo is going? On the other hand, does he have the skills to be a brilliant 13?
Whether it means anything or not is hard to say, but reading about their junior years, Tyrone was considered the better of the two at Union - which is why Leo gave league a go.
If we can sign Tyrone outside the salary cap as a Union convert, it's worth a shot even if he doesn't work out. It costs us nothing in salary cap if he fails, and we get a rep quality forward if he can quickly emulate what Leo has done.
Another article from their junior days talks about how much they challenge each other at training and how if one reaches a new level the other will keep going till he gets there too, so if Leo is ahead of Tyrone in any aspect, he'll move heaven and earth to get to the same level.

Last edited:
And another thing, why when the warriors were looking to get rts back was there no talk of dispensation, now the roosters want to raid rugby as revenge for JoSu and its now on the table?

The issue with these contracts for a club is this, you get one go at it at a time. I'm guessing you only get dispensation on the first league contract they sign? So you have to get the length right. If you sign a dud for 3 years it could sit you behind the rest of the pack in a big way. If you sign a guy who excels for one year, you then have to get the cap space to resign him. I see this more as a game changer then a free hit if you have the funds for it.

With the likelyhood of losing AFB for 25 . I think the warriors will be watching the situation closely . How long do we have Leo signed? He will cost us more . Hope the Warriors don't try & gazump us

Telegraph just posted an article claiming he's poised to reject the Tigers and re-sign with the Knights, but that actual quotes in the article don't sound like it's a done deal:

“I want to stay here,” Best said as the Knights ramp-up their pre-season after returning a fortnight ago.

“The Tigers have shown some interest, they are keen, but I have to weigh everything up.

“If it all works out as we plan, I’ll be staying at the Knights.

“We’ll see what happens but I’m really settled here.

“I love the club and I love the culture we have built.

“The boys here are all so connected and we are a close bunch, so to walk away from that would be really hard.

“The lifestyle here (in Newcastle) is second-to-none.

“We’re in talks now and my manager is sorting things out.”

Pretty much sounds like he wants to stay, but if the Tigers get silly with their money, there could be some questions, which is what you'd expect.

Back