2022 Womens Rugby League World Cup

jamesgould

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
Staff member
Admin
All over by halftime unfortunately ... some very arm grabbing tackles have really let us down.

Still_Nutty

Michael Eagar
Ally Brighinshaw rolling back the clock with this game. Go forward is just too strong for the Kiwis and the Aussie’s are just rolling up field too easily

Still_Nutty

Michael Eagar
All over by halftime unfortunately ... some very arm grabbing tackles have really let us down.
It will take a big turn around to get back into the game mate. If they can be first to score after the break, they might get some confidence but there isn’t much going for them

jamesgould

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
Staff member
Admin
The Kiwis playing their full-strength side throughout the short turnarounds in this tournament has made them as buggered as I feel ... can barely keep my eyes open 😂

Still_Nutty

Michael Eagar
Thanks James…it was a great win by the Jillaroos. To a woman, they all stood up and played their part. It was such a complete domination by the Jillaroos in both attack and defence - world champions!

jamesgould

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
Staff member
Admin
After 4.00AM in NZ - I reckon you might hit the wall before the men finish James🥱🥱🥱
See how it goes, if that's 20-0 at halftime I may well be out for the count lol

In hindsight I wish I'd gone to sleep and just got up for the men's game!!! haha

Billy

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
Article about Caitlan Johnson missing the last game because she was unwell - article doesn't say what was wrong, but I'd say all her performances except maybe the first have been below her usual standard and she has probably struggled with something like covid or similar maybe.

Stats for the final say Yasmin Clydesdale got the most metres for a forward and 2nd highest fantasy points for the game. She has grown and grown as the tournament has gone on and is genuinely an elite player now.

Still_Nutty

Michael Eagar
Article about Caitlan Johnson missing the last game because she was unwell - article doesn't say what was wrong, but I'd say all her performances except maybe the first have been below her usual standard and she has probably struggled with something like covid or similar maybe.

Stats for the final say Yasmin Clydesdale got the most metres for a forward and 2nd highest fantasy points for the game. She has grown and grown as the tournament has gone on and is genuinely an elite player now.

Yes Billy - Yasmin has taken her game to another level in this tournament and gave the coaching staff no choice but to pick her as a mainstay of the Aussie squad in every game.

It is great to see her confidence grow and she will be a pivotal part of the Knights NRLW squad in 2023

Billy

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
Yes Billy - Yasmin has taken her game to another level in this tournament and gave the coaching staff no choice but to pick her as a mainstay of the Aussie squad in every game.

It is great to see her confidence grow and she will be a pivotal part of the Knights NRLW squad in 2023
If you look at her lifestyle, she works fulltime and travels a long way to train, so must have limited time to train.

On this tour she has been training with elite players on a daily basis and has nothing much else to do.

I don't see any way we could make her a fulltime player and move her to Newcastle, but clearly, she would thrive if we could.