2022 Knights Recruitment & Retention Thread

danknights

Andrew 'Joey' Johns
For mine you are 100% spot on Dan. He hesitates, particularly in defence, trying to get a handle on what he is faced with and what to do about it. After all his old man was a front rower!!! ☺️
Yeah brains seem to come after brawn in his situation. The guy needs to sit down and watch tape upon tape of J Moz and try replicate what his done for the game.

Captain Planet

Jarrod O'Doherty
Really hoping tuala spends the whole off-season learning how to tackle and not coming out of the line, prob needs to do some upper body SC work, same goes for hunt

Outblacks

Dan Tolar
Just a thought, what about signing Will Smith from Parramatta? Veteran Half/Hooker
Would be a great starting 6 for us with Clifford at 7.
He is a Newcastle boy and loves Representing Newcastle All Blacks in the Koori Knockout.
Wouldnt be on much money at Parra and we could offer a starting Role once Pearce moves on

Last edited:

Billy

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
Just a thought, what about signing Will Smith from Parramatta? Veteran Half/Hooker
Would be a great starting 6 for us with Clifford at 7.
He is a Newcastle boy and loves Representing Newcastle All Blacks in the Koori Knockout.
Wouldnt be on much money at Parra and we could offer a starting Role once Pearce moves on
Him and Tyler Randell were a fantastic halves partnership in our under 16s and won our 1st Mathews title I think, but in reserve grade for us he used to drive me mad by always going for the hero play on the last tackle and getting caught with the ball.
He went to Penrith with Garth Brennan who is best mates with his father and Godfather to Will I believe. His younger brother was in our juniors not long ago.

Kurriboy

Adam MacDougall
Turbo runs with the force and impact of a guy who weighs about 15kg more than Kalyn does. I wonder how he’s able to do that?

Sure Turbo has the height and weight.

What about Burton? He isn't a big guy, still returns the ball. Tedesco?

Ponga needs to catch the ball and charge foward getting as many meters as he can. He just needs to use his footwork and pick the place he hits the D to avoid heavy shots. He is elusive, but hardly uses that skill anymore.

knightime

Todd Bates

Ponga needs to catch the ball and charge foward getting as many meters as he can. He just needs to use his footwork and pick the place he hits the D to avoid heavy shots. He is elusive, but hardly uses that skill anymore.
Agree with your points here but I think Burton, as an example, is a fairly big kid. He’s 1.9m tall and nearly 100kg. Agree that Ponga needs to use his footwork more though.

Owey

Clinton O'Brien

Robbie O, not a big bloke, would take as many metres as were on offer as quickly as possible. One difference is though, he wasn't required time in the show during attacking sets.

Kurriboy

Adam MacDougall
Robbie O, not a big bloke, would take as many metres as were on offer as quickly as possible. One difference is though, he wasn't required time in the show during attacking sets.

No, which is why I keep saying (and have been saying for years now) to move Ponga, and that we are weakening 2 spine positions by playing him at fullback in D and 5/8 in attack.

HarVeeGee13

Shane Vincent

Burton has literally never played first grade in a position where he’d have any responsibility for kick returns. What are you talking about?