2022-2023 Summer of Cricket

A good start by Australia today. Head started well and Khawaja has been the anchor, Green played well.

Australia will need to consolidate their position tomorrow.

Great to see Green score his first hundred.

Bad shot by Carey, he did not even give himself a few balls to play himself in.
He has let India back in the game.

Khawaja should have played many more tests. Langer made a big mistake by having him left out of the team for an extended period.

Uzzie’s late career vindication has been my favourite thing to happen in cricket in years. He should be a 100+ test player as a guy who’s been one of Australia’s best six batsmen for well over a decade now, but it’s awesome that he’s gonna end his career with an impressive record despite all the discrimination and nonsense which has stood in his way. He’s just gone past Damien Martin for career hundreds.

Uzzie’s late career vindication has been my favourite thing to happen in cricket in years. He should be a 100+ test player as a guy who’s been one of Australia’s best six batsmen for well over a decade now, but it’s awesome that he’s gonna end his career with an impressive record despite all the discrimination and nonsense which has stood in his way. He’s just gone past Damien Martin for career hundreds.
I think people from all countries have been super happy to see that, he seems to be super popular with everyone except the Australian selectors of the last decade.

Justin Langer did not like the Uzzie said things he did not agree with and as a result had him dropped from the team and Australia was deprived of a world class batsman.

Now that Langer is gone, Uzzie is one of the very best batsmen in the world.

India are used to flat batting tracks, it will take a big effort to bowl them out today.

New Zealand with a good run chase here, looking like they'll reach it vs Sri Lanka. 285 the target, currently need 71 off the last 11 overs, three down.

Another incredible test match!!! It came down to one needed off the final ball and NZ win by this much 😱

70D1C984-5B19-48F2-9C4C-5BCDECE6C786.jpeg

WTC final starts tonight. The first of 6 Tests in England for Australia over the next 8 weeks.
Don’t think I’ll be getting a lot of sleep over the next few months.

The pitch is green, if the Indians bowl well, Australia’s openers will have to play well to survive. Especially Warner.

Should be an interesting game this, India with plenty of decent seamers these days.

Watching the start of this game is bringing back a lot of memories of NZ’s win two years ago! 🥹

I can’t remember an English wicket with so much bounce in it.
The Oval normally has the most bounce of the English wickets.
India’s bowling has been quality, our blokes doing well too
Looking forward to seeing Cummins, Starc and Boland on this deck.

The opening bowlers and Thacker have bowled well but Yadav has been disappointing.

The Channel 7 coverage is trash. Space cadets like Langer and Hayden and they spend half the break talking about another sport.

Back