2021 signing rumours

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by Defender1, Sep 27, 2020.

1. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

Mann had his best year in 2020 and did a good job in a number of positions. But we don’t need him if we have Randall and Watson in the same squad.

The other 2 have more up side so Mann might be the unlucky one and be moved on/traded.

2. ApperceptionJosh

ApperceptionJosh Nathan Ross

Wine Advisor
    Wow best comment in the whole thread, this is a very similar situation. I think when it comes down to it, we either keep him or Watson at 14 and the other has to go.

The brutal irony of having your best season and we all think he is moving on Hahaha.

3. ApperceptionJosh

ApperceptionJosh Nathan Ross

Wine Advisor
    Also does anyone actually ever wonder what could have been of we just kept sione on the wing? I really believe that was always his best position and never should have moved, like a stronger version of nofa or mansour. I always imagine what that would have been like.

4. Defender1

Defender1 Ben Kennedy

So, the Telegraph are saying (reporting tomorrow) Obi wants a left foot kicker and its Watson for Norman... can't believe that's true.

5. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

There was a rumour that Norman met with the coach after the Dragons game a few weeks back. Watson hasn't signed his new deal after agreeing to terms. Smoke, fire, etc.

Norman with his head right is a huge upgrade at 5/8. Mann finds his place at 14. Makes me a lot more interested in 2021 rather than rolling out the same again.

6. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Norman might go OK under a good coach.
    He is the sort of player who will get better with age, as he gets the silly plays out of his system.

7. krustykraz

krustykraz Darren Albert

It's not really a swap deal then.
    Watson is unsigned

8. packo

packo :) (:

Government
    Don’t we want good people? He’s a bit of grub isn’t he. Every where he has been the team had been bad

9. knightime

knightime Brett Clements

God no to Norman. He’s proven year after year that he just isn’t that good. In any case, both players have to agree to a swap deal. This isn’t NFL where players can be traded involuntarily. Can’t see Watson agreeing a one-year deal with us only to then end up playing for the Drags.

Edogmilly likes this.
  10. Matty23

Matty23 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

If Norman came here I’ll convert to being a Broncos fan. :brickwall:

Edogmilly likes this.
  11. Billy

My brother is a Saints fan and will be delighted to get rid of Norman. He hates him.

12. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

Norman is a full blown plodder who loves a Kotoni or 2. Would be good fun on a Saturday night but not what you want at your football club.

13. knightime

knightime Brett Clements

Put it this way: Watson is dangerous with the ball, but he can’t kick or pass, and yet he still kicks and passes better than Norman.

Edogmilly likes this.
  14. cowboyman

cowboyman Paul the Chief Harragon

Hospitality
    Yikes Watson is a far better player to have around then Norman. Terrible deal if true.

15. Billy

If they are going for Norman it comes down to showing some faith in the coach now.
    He clearly has all the skills and attributes of a top 5/8, except for his horrendous decision making.
    A good coach should be able to "simplify" his game, which is something we often hear that O'Brien does.
    He's not the guy I would have picked, but let's see if the coach can get him playing some steady footy.

16. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Tony Butterfield

He has certainly simplified our forward pack. Catch, run and let those other blokes take care of the passing.

And, Norman isn't official. Just more spitballing.

17. daniels

daniels Marty Crequer

Hopefully we don't sign Norman Eels improved dramatically after punting him and dragons went even further down hill after signing him.

ASJ82 and Edogmilly like this.
  18. Defender1

Defender1 Ben Kennedy

After watching the awards tonight, I'm even more convinced Watson will be a Knight next year... I'm still thinking its a swap involving Mann and a Cowboys 6 or 7.

* That's if there is any truth to this rumour.

19. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Article about Blake Green in the telegraph says Sione could be going to St Helens.

20. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Tony Butterfield

How much is Sione on with us?